Decades Feeder Bracket - 1984 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, August 13, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I watched more videos most or all the way through than I think I have for any other year.  This was the height of MTV for me.  The mid ground between the early days of '81 and the attack of grunge in '91 that killed MTV for me.  Well, that, and not having 12 hours a day to devote to watching videos anymore ;)

The lineup here is pretty alright.  A lot of tunes that now you are looking back, you think to yourself, 'Damn!  That song is HOW old?!'  I don't have a Prince bias.  His songs are just that great.  Madonna, WHAM!, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen and the Scorpions put out killer, all time tunes.  Now, I know that some of them are played out, but, let's try to remember what they were in their own time.  Some good good sh*t in there  O0

Thank you all again for voting and following along with me.  Hope you enjoy!

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The alternate bracket for this year must have been murder, too...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

1984 is the year we moved back from England.  When we left for in 1981 we didn't have cable TV.  I'd never heard of MTV until got back stateside.  These songs, and many more, is what I would listen to all day long on MTV.  Great times  :bd:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.