Author Topic: Atari 9000 - mobile Atari-ness?  (Read 139 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
Atari 9000 - mobile Atari-ness?
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »
Anyone seen anything about this?

https://www.concept-phones.com/portable-consoles/atari-9000-basically-badass-gaming-tablet/

wondering how "badass" it's really going to be...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Toonces

• Longbowman
  • Yvan eht nioj!
Re: Atari 9000 - mobile Atari-ness?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »
I must have that asap.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

Online mirth

• Admiral of the Douche-Canoe Navy
  • Musketeer
  • What did you do, Ray?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »
Someone is into tbe Scotch
"Everything's better with apple cider vinegar and a squeaky clean urethra." - Gus

Offline bbmike

• Landsknecht
    • AAR Central
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 05:19:13 PM »
That would be me right now.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 07:09:57 AM »
If you buy the Atari Vault collection (on Steam or whatever smartpad you might be using) you should be good to go.

There's so many of these things, too, that you can plug into your TV that you can buy for $10-20 in the crap section at your local Walgreen's or CVS.

How much is this thing going to cost? I don't see a price in the article...

Here's another article with larger pics that aren't cut off at the edges...https://www.yankodesign.com/2017/07/19/this-atari-is-such-a-tease/