Advanced PLATOON Leader Rules Clarification

Started by JudgeDredd, July 20, 2017, 01:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I think the first scenario starts with one US squad and a couple of German squads. The example of play that Barth posted is super-helpful in visualizing the scenario. After reading through his Turn 1 I realized I don't have nearly a decent enough grasp on the rules...so I'm going to need to get back and read them again.

I finally finished clipping/putting everything together a couple of days ago and tried pushing a few counters around but couldn't get the hang of it - more specifically I think I did get the hang of it only to discover I was doing it wrong.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 20, 2017, 04:54:49 PM
I think the first scenario starts with one US squad and a couple of German squads. The example of play that Barth posted is super-helpful in visualizing the scenario. After reading through his Turn 1 I realized I don't have nearly a decent enough grasp on the rules...so I'm going to need to get back and read them again.

I finally finished clipping/putting everything together a couple of days ago and tried pushing a few counters around but couldn't get the hang of it - more specifically I think I did get the hang of it only to discover I was doing it wrong.
Other way about BC...

First scenario is
1 German Leader, 1 German Squad + machine gun
1 US Leader, 2 US Squads + 1 machine gun
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I knew it was one way or the other...  O:-)

I'm getting it to the table for full-on scenario play tomorrow afternoon/this weekend and doing a write-up or video for it ASAP. Thinking a video would be better...I finally remembered my studio light from work so it won't be so damned dark in this place.

GJK

Quote from: mirth on July 20, 2017, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 20, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
No worries.  O0

Better change the thread title before GJK has a heart attack though...  ;)

I was thinking the same thing  :DD

My GOD I was about to ask what you beasts had done to my beloved Advanced SQUAD Leader!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

HSGAMES

Yikes! I just happened to stumble across this thread less than five minutes ago, i'm sorry i was unavailable for comment.  In the future, know that you are free to post any rules related questions on the BGG entry for APL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/201516/advanced-platoon-leader
where I will be more likely to see them quicker and can subsequently subscribe to each thread so i am alerted to further questions/comments.  I applaud you brave souls for attempting to learn the game.  I admit i am not the best writer of rules and hope this lack did not prove too much of a hindrance.  Oh and sorry for repeatedly saying route instead of rout   :-[
Again, i appreciate your interest in the game and hope you are able to enjoy it!
Jason (the guy responsible for all this confusion).