Silly Netflix

Started by Tpek, July 12, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Netflix is really pushing its own programming. There's very little in the way of A-list films offered now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Yeah that sucks...it used to be much better.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Agreed. I only keep it for the kids stuff.

Amazon Prime video isn't much better. They're pushing their own content too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

The Wife has Amazon Prime which s slightly better for premium content, but the AAA you still have to purchase most of the time. That said l, the prices for top movies are not bad. I bought The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies and Kingdom of Heaven yesterday for 13.99 each for the HD versions. Not bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Gosh darn it!

I'm getting restless.
Contacted Netflix yet again, and yet again got the response they still don't have the license for it at all :(

Bison

I dumped Netflix.  Now we have Hulu.  Basically the wife watches the home improvement shows and I watch about once every other week Americas Funniest Home Videos to laugh at other people's misery. 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on July 20, 2017, 09:11:56 AM
Basically the wife watches the home improvement shows

She's a big Tim Allen fan?

Bison

Love it or list it, fixer upper...basically show that share titles with her feelings toward me.  :)

mirth

Bison

Sir Slash

Those 'fixer-upper' shows should be BANNED. They give women false ideas of how easy it is to change the whole house around so their husbands can never find anything in it again. If you watch closely, all the people in the last scenes are made to look younger, thinner, prettier, and happier than before the make-over, not just the house. If you don't believe me, watch the show backward and see them age right before your eyes.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Hulu, Vudu, Sulu, Zulu, Shmulu and all the rest are for Americans only unfortunately. :(

mirth

Bison

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 20, 2017, 10:10:04 AM
Those 'fixer-upper' shows should be BANNED. They give women false ideas of how easy it is to change the whole house around so their husbands can never find anything in it again. If you watch closely, all the people in the last scenes are made to look younger, thinner, prettier, and happier than before the make-over, not just the house. If you don't believe me, watch the show backward and see them age right before your eyes.  ;D

Challenge accepted.  I throw in an episode of hoarders in between just so she knows how we could be living...

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 20, 2017, 10:10:04 AM

My wife just installed a bamboo hardwood floor in our upstairs hallway and the stairs.  A few years ago she did the back splash in the kitchen. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.