This Should Get Some Interesting Replies

Started by bayonetbrant, July 04, 2017, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Steelgrave

Stand between a mother black bear and her cub in the Alaska wilderness. And no, it wasn't on purpose.

DoctorQuest

Crewed for and flown in a hot air balloon.

Flew a T-6 Texan.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

Preformed chest compressions four times on four different people within four hours. Each session was at least 20-30 minutes, although BC may have had a similar experience during his EMS career.

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 11:39:43 AM

Flew a T-6 Texan.
I got to take the controls of a Republic RC-3 SeaBee a few times while when I was around 12-13 years old:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Had sex in the middle of my driveway.  Standing up.  In broad daylight.  With all our clothes on.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Taped MetalDog having sex in his driveway standing-up in broad daylight.  :hide:  How about this one? Went to Miami International Airport and found ANOTHER person there who spoke English.  :o   And then actually managed to get out alive.   :wow:  Or maybe.  Delivered over a dozen litters of Pug puppies.   :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
Had sex in the middle of my driveway.  Standing up.  In broad daylight.  With all our clothes on.

I'm starting to wonder if you really know how all that works...  ???  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Con

And by Driveway I meant Prison Yard

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 04, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

I'm starting to wonder if you really know how all that works...  ???  ;)

It worked out quite fine, thank you.  Anybody else you know that did that?  No?  Then I fit the OP.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Quote from: Con on July 04, 2017, 01:55:19 PM
And by Driveway I meant Prison Yard

;D ;D ;D

JasonPratt

Won first place in a sabre fencing tournament. (Admittedly, a small tourney, 8 fighters as I recall.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

At 17, while two good friends kept a lookout I super-glued the locks to every classroom on the math hall the day of finals.

Pretty sure the statute of limitations has passed on that one  ::)

bob48

Sat behind stage and chatted to Black Sabbath at a gig, not long after they came back from their first US tour.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2017, 12:08:35 PM
Preformed chest compressions four times on four different people within four hours. Each session was at least 20-30 minutes, although BC may have had a similar experience during his EMS career.

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 11:39:43 AM

Flew a T-6 Texan.
I got to take the controls of a Republic RC-3 SeaBee a few times while when I was around 12-13 years old:

That is a cool airplane!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.