Longest confirmed sniper kill shot

Started by Barthheart, June 22, 2017, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Wow! That feat might not happen again until some military deploys a course-correcting round.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteCanadians now hold claim to three of the top five longest confirmed sniper kills. Two snipers from Prince Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry scored the third and fourth longest shots in Afghanistan in 2002. The number two shooter, the previous record holder, is the British Army's Craig Harrison, who shot a Taliban insurgent in Afghanistan 2,475 meters away in 2009. The soldier, then with the Blues and Royals regiment, used a .338 Lapua Magnum L115A1 bolt-action rifle to make that kill. At number five is U.S. Army Sergeant Bryan Kremer, a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment, who killed an Iraqi militant 2,300 meters away with a semi-automatic .50 caliber Barrett M82A1 rifle in 2004. He hold the record for the longest kill by an American sniper.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/11793/canadian-sniper-destroys-record-for-longest-kill-with-over-two-mile-shot
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

I officially take back everything bad I have ever said about Canada, Canadians, Canada Dry, Canadian Bacon, and Canada. I know I said that already but I don't want them summbitches shooting at me.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 22, 2017, 06:38:03 PM
I officially take back everything bad I have ever said about Canada, Canadians, Canada Dry, Canadian Bacon, and Canada. I know I said that already but I don't want them summbitches shooting at me.  :peace:

At least they'll say sorry after they drill a hole in your head from 10 miles off.

Staggerwing

Yeah Slash. Not even Florida is safe now that Canadian snipers have factored curve-of-the-earth into their shot calculations.

I wonder if Kim Jung Il will be looking over whatever shoulder faces Vancouver now.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

When a Canadian says he can see Russia from his doorstep, Russians be crappin their pants.

bbmike

Everything except...softwood lumber.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that I paid for my Canadian brother's (Barthheart's) beer at Origins. As a show of international amity and fellowship.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 22, 2017, 06:59:34 PM
I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that I paid for my Canadian brother's (Barthheart's) beer at Origins. As a show of international amity and fellowship.

There was beer at Origins?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 22, 2017, 07:13:30 PM

There was beer at Origins?  :o

There was across the street, but I think you were busy playing Munchkin.

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Many thanks for that too! It was good beer.  O0

Sir Slash

Mirth bought???   :o   What is it Maine April Fool's Day?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.