Mutant Crawl Classics

Started by bbmike, June 20, 2017, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I picked up a set of these to use with DCC.  Overall the dice are nice.  I think I like the Game Science a little better, but they also do not make a D30.  So if you want a set has matching dice, I'm afraid you cannot have a matching Game Science set.  The only issue I have with this set is that the D24 for example has very rounded sides so it can roll forever or until it rolls off your table.  I made and use a dice tray, which solved this problem.  I actually really like the D4 design.  Read the number from the top as opposed to the top or bottom of a die face.

https://www.amazon.com/Unusual-Approved-Dungeon-Crawl-Classics/dp/B00YLTCRVQ/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1498395944&sr=8-32&keywords=zocchi+dice 

bbmike

I ordered that exact set last week.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on June 25, 2017, 08:09:05 AMI think I like the Game Science a little better, but they also do not make a D30. 

The dTotal is a 30-face die.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

One thing I forgot to do while at Origins was look for lots of cheap miniatures.  #:-)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 26, 2017, 05:52:51 PM
One thing I forgot to do while at Origins was look for lots of cheap miniatures.  #:-)

It's alright. You were pretty fixated on Munchkin.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2017, 08:43:44 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 25, 2017, 08:09:05 AMI think I like the Game Science a little better, but they also do not make a D30. 

The dTotal is a 30-face die.

I guess the question is why the hell would they not produce a D30 then to complete their zocchi dice sets.  I think the DTotal is very cool, but I wonder about its practicality. 

bayonetbrant

very good first question

and for the second - "none"
That thing is huge, and the edges are rounded enough that I'm not sure it'll stop rolling w/o a dice tray or something to stop it.

mirth

You sure wanted me to buy one though.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 27, 2017, 06:57:22 AM
You sure wanted me to buy one though.

well yeah.  at that point, it wasn't my money ;)

and you were more gaga over the B'tech dice