The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

It's been really nice here, especially in the mornings. Which means within a few weeks we'll be back up to 95F or so, because Mother Nature hates the South.

Christmas decorations in December in shorts is just plain wrong.

trailrunner

Rode my bike to work today.  45 F when I left, which isn't too bad, but I forgot how to dress for that temperature and couldn't find my winter clothes, so I had a chilly ride in.  No complaints though -- this is a nice time of year.

MetalDog

I feel ya', trailrunner.  If you haven't dressed right for that kind of weather, it's a bit nipply.  And I can't imagine what it would be like to ride in it :brrr:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

68 Here in Fla. this morning suckers. That's like 85 to the rest of you. Fall has not forsaken us.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

It was here-- Desoto County. Though only for a little while then.... the rising began. Still very comfortable outside with a nice breeze and low humidity. Nice napping weather.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

Today was a splendid fall day in DC.  Blue skies, some color in the leaves, cool in the morning but 76 F at 3pm.  I went for a bike ride in the woods this afternoon and it was superb.

mirth

Close to 70 today in Portland. Mid to Upper 60s all weekend. Been an incredibly mild October. Set to be the warmest on record here.

We may finally have rain here next week. Not sure how much it will help the drought.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Next week? That's Halloween! The Rain in Maine comes plainly when it's a Pain.  :hide:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Nothing better than trick-or-treating in the snow. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Don't make me rehash my sordid tale of Halloween 2011 when we got almost a foot of snow. What a nightmare.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Chilly in the surf this afternoon.  Deceptively warm outside, but the water is definitely chilling.  It took me a while to warm up...going to be booties weather in another two weeks I'll bet.  If not sooner.  3 mil season is very quick here.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2017, 04:50:38 PM
Don't make me rehash my sordid tale of Halloween 2011 when we got almost a foot of snow. What a nightmare.

good times

Gusington

I really wanted to burn my house down then to stay warm.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd