Navy Bringing Kittyhawk Out of Mothballs?

Started by mirth, June 08, 2017, 05:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

I demand, ummmm.....a witty protest sign?

GDS_Starfury

well... it runs on steam with steam catapults and the moron in chief likes steam so.........
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

GDS_Starfury

well now that Ive actually read the article, Im fully on board with bringing back updated Perry's.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 08, 2017, 08:09:49 PM
well now that Ive actually read the article, Im fully on board with bringing back updated Perry's.

Yep. That would be the really smart move.

GDS_Starfury

yup.  the Navy has Burke's coming out its ass and Perry's would be cheaper and perfect for the LCS role.

mirth

It was dumb to get rid of them in the first place. They should have been upgraded and kept in service.

GDS_Starfury

its a topic in which we share the bitterness.

mirth

Bison

Its funny how money determines the viability of a great deal of military technology.  Of course, they could spend the $$$ upgrading and refitting all of these ships only to lose funding in a few years and they go on the chopping block again.