Call of duty returning to World War II

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 22, 2017, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

FlickJax

I've contacted all my old clan mates, we would be like a geriatric clan now :)

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

It's kind of like Saving Private Ryan meets Band of Brothers only this time the Luftwaffe has some airplanes left and the germans
send panthers over to their right and let Caen fall etc etc. and the US Army gets wiped out since that is visually more
intense.

Grim.Reaper

I still remember the hype when the very first call of duty came out, seemed something special back then.  Played the heck out of it and remember how cool it was to use dead cows as cover.  But with each new version , can't seem to get into them...a little too hectic for me.  I am a sucker fior ww2 so not saying I won't buy it, but I have low expectations

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 27, 2017, 05:44:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2017, 05:14:15 AM
Meh.

Lmao I thought you'd have been all over it

I'm so sick of the same crap over and over again. There is such a lack of creativity and ingenuity in the field of mainstream game development these days. It's just like Hollywood. People have forgotten how to write, create good stories and present anything meaningful or resembling something close to the historical experience. It's all about hype, large explosions and over the top action. Nothing tactical, nothing that requires authentic, or sound tactics, etc. I watched 3 minutes of the reveal event and it was a bunch of pretty boy actors talking about what an action packed thrill ride the game is going to be. Give me a break.

That kind of inplausible action works better for me in the near future or sci-Fi setting, but carried over to a historical event, not so much.

I'm sure the game will look great and sound great...but I'm also sure that it will feel stale and boring, like I've been there 8 times before. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Hofstadter

I saw this, and this strategy game called "Army General" today.

So not impressed
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Raied

I bet it will make Battlefield 1 looks historic and realistic :P

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grimnirsson

Don't know the PC version but CoD WW2 for me is probably the best CoD on console.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de