2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

I would just like to say, GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

That is all.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

West Florida won today! We play in the National Championship game next Saturday! This is only the second year of our team's existence! Go Argos!!!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Steelgrave

Oh and go Baker Mayfield! Nab that Heisman!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

^  That's actually kinda neat.  Cheers to Colonel-General Surovikin! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

fun tidbit about the game, from the Navy side

QuoteIt's a pretty safe bet that Malcolm Perry will be Navy's starting quarterback next season. He's, uh, kind of, sort of earned it.

(snip)

QuoteThe 5-9, 185-pound sophomore could potentially become Navy's biggest star since Keenan Reynolds and emerge as a dark horse Heisman Trophy contender next season. Prior to the final month of this season, he'd been best known as The Guy Who Got Pulled From The Stands To Play Quarterback.

During last season's opener, Perry was a plebe and marched into the stadium along with the rest of the Brigade of Midshipmen, wearing his dress whites. When Navy quarterback Tago Smith went down with a season-ending injury in the middle of the game — and then third-string quarterback Zach Abey was suspended for a violation of team rules — Perry got plucked from the bleachers to dress in (football) uniform as the backup quarterback for the second half. He got into the game late in the third quarter, with Navy up big.

bayonetbrant

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Lewis is leaving Cincy at the end of the season.  I appreciate all that he's done to make them a respectable team again, but he's taken them as far as he can.  Good luck to him on his future endeavors.