Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on August 11, 2017, 04:35:37 PM
Sox and Yanks tonight!

Bah! The Nationals are on tonight at 7:05pm. I'll be there in person tomorrow night.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on August 11, 2017, 04:46:12 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 11, 2017, 04:35:37 PM
Sox and Yanks tonight!

Bah! The Nationals are on tonight at 7:05pm. I'll be there in person tomorrow night.  8)

We would go see Atlanta, but the jerks built the new stadium even further away and still off the train line.

bayonetbrant

The Astros are Teh Suck since the break.  Dammit...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Good game in the Bronx tonight.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

LLWS, the team from Greenville, NC has played 2 games.

One guy threw a no-hitter in the LLWS.  Pretty cool, right?

Yeah, the kid 2 days earlier on his team threw a perfect game.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/mlb/article168863502.html

They've played 2 games and haven't been scored on and haven't allowed a runner past 2nd base.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Watching the pregame for tonight's LLWS game. The outfielders from Greenville have made 2 plays in 2 games. They've struck out 17 over 2 7-inning games. Just unreal hire dominant these kids are

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

I just heard a crazy Cleveland Indians stat - during their 20-game win streak, they've hit more home runs than their pitching staff has allowed earned runs.

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

OJsDad

They'll probably get bounced in the first round of the playoffs that they play in. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on September 13, 2017, 03:33:20 PM
They'll probably get bounced in the first round of the playoffs that they play in. 

you can count on that

Bison

I'd be nervous if I were them of peeking too early.  The playoffs is a bad time to go on a losing streak.

OJsDad

They 1916 NY Giants have the MLB record of 26 games.