Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on October 10, 2017, 06:22:20 PM
My understanding is that Jar Jar Abrams cares not for plot or continuity.

For awhile now, Jar Jar Abrams cares only for repackaging previous films and calling them new.

:arr:

MetalDog

Well, that explains why I had the feeling I had seen The Force Awakens before ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

That's why all movie directors should be tested for Alzheimer's on a regular basis. Especially the ones with weird first names that use initials instead.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

But... what if this is true....  :o

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on October 10, 2017, 08:19:00 PM
Well, that explains why I had the feeling I had seen The Force Awakens before ;)

I'm surprised you've seen any of the Star Wars films.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

MD: "Who is this Indiana Jones you fellers keep hornswagglin' about round here?"

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 11, 2017, 08:35:59 AM
MD: "Who is this Indiana Jones you fellers keep hornswagglin' about round here?"

Take it easy there, Captain OCS.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

besilarius

Does anyone else see a resemblance in the new cutesy-pie animal sharing the ride with Chewbacca, and the Shmoos from Lil Abner?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

That Chewy will let ANYBODY in that ship won't he? It's like he can't keep a normal partner in there. Maybe he passes gas a lot while he's flying. Wookie farts have got to be baddddd.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

mirth

Staggerwing

"Mee-sah find your lack of faith disturbing"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 14, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
I like the update.

Now it will really look like it's always flying backwards.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys