Titanfall2 and EA - WTF???

Started by JudgeDredd, November 26, 2016, 05:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So I've played and completed Titanfall2 and started a second time around after I had completed the first playthrough

I went to load it this morning, and Origin started an update, then asked me to login...ok...odd, because I selected "Remember Me" all the time for games. So I login in to Origin, then I get some BS message from EA saying I have to sign in to my EA account to play Titanfall2....seriously...WTF is that about?

Origin IS the game aspect of EA...why the hell do I now need an EA account to play it when before, I didn't (and if I did, I cannot for the life of me remember creating an account).

I'm going to try and see if it's the same as my Origin account...if it's not, oooooooh.....if it's not!!!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Well, would you adam and eve it - it was my Origin details. Something about Activating the game....but I had already played through the damn thing...wasn't it activated previously?
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

JD i made a test (with Bf1),  it installed a new Origin patch but it remembered my account details and started BF1 ...so must be an EA/Origin thingi.

Benefit: i just learned a new Cockney English slang term  "to adam and eve it" :)

Grogheads forum reading educates  :bd:

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Thinking about these issues will drive you insane(r).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Stumbled on a nice deal for titan fall 2...only $8.  Forgot all about this one and certainly worth a try for that....

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/titanfall-2-pc-cd-key-origin

Gusington

WOW...very tempting...this or Endless Legend Emperor Edition?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Having played TFall2 all the way through, which was a nice shooter in the vein of the old Monolith game Shogo: Mobile Armored Division, I'm inclined to think you'll get more play out of Endless Legends Superbig Grandmaster Edition or whatever it is.

Other than that, depends on your mood and taste at the time.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

I'm looking at The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY edition for $24.09. I'm late to the party because I just got a new rig after my old rig caught fire, lol.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Witcher 3 at any price is worth it
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

I got Titanfall 2 and Plants vs Zombies for my kids last Christmas.  Neither one was ever played, because, even though they are on the Xbox, you have to have access to the EA website for them to run!  WFT, not everyone has a Xbox live account.  Luckily, they were in the cheap bin, but still, lesson learned, careful what you buy for the Xbox. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
YES

YES! -- YOUR OLD RIG CAUGHT FIRE!  \m/

I mean, if your rig is going to go out anyway, for someone nicknamed Steelgrave it should go out like that:notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
YES

YES! -- YOUR OLD RIG CAUGHT FIRE!  \m/

I mean, if your rig is going to go out anyway, for someone nicknamed Steelgrave it should go out like that:notworthy:

I would have been happier if it hadn't been in my den when it started smoking   :coolsmiley:

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
WOW...very tempting...this or Endless Legend Emperor Edition?
TF2 is a no brainer for $8. It has a great single player campaign (I didn't play it much online - which isn't to say MP is rubbish...it's just not my thing).

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 06:52:35 PM
Having played TFall2 all the way through, which was a nice shooter in the vein of the old Monolith game Shogo: Mobile Armored Division, I'm inclined to think you'll get more play out of Endless Legends Superbig Grandmaster Edition or whatever it is.

Other than that, depends on your mood and taste at the time.  O:-)
But ^ he's ^ right - the campaign is short...so it's going to depend on your mood. I did play through the campaign twice it was so entertaining. Good story, fantastic graphics, great gameplay, funky stuff for your Titan and the dialogue between you and you're Titan is superb.
Alba gu' brath