GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Is it bigger than a breadbox?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

chemkid

Quote from: ComradeP on September 23, 2017, 08:12:38 AM
A new battalion level Bulge game, inspired by several classics, on the P500 list this month: A time for trumpets. It's selling like hotcakes.
thank you!  :)

...and it's already made the cut and with a little bit more love from everyone could be delivered EU-friendly before the brexit guys close the curtain. please?!  :coolsmiley:

cheers!

bayonetbrant

As noted on this week's GrogCast, "p500" seems to refer to the number of games perpetually stuck on it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ComradeP

Holland '44 has arrived.

It arrived about a month or so after shipping started according to GMT, and it went through Second Chance Games using the Euro-friendly shipping option.

Second Chance Games sent it by air mail, so very good service on their end. The package would probably have survived a direct hit from AA fire with all the stuff they put in it.

I hope that, when GMT gets its act together again after the distribution/website changes, they do manage to update the status of games going through the Euro-friendly shipping process as well, as my copy is  "not yet shipped" according to GMT.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Nefaro

Their shipping must be behind again.

Been waiting for the American Revolution Tri-pack to get shipped.  Thought they were all supposed to be out by the middle of the week, but the conveyor must be gunked once more.   :D

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on October 25, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

Been waiting for the American Revolution Tri-pack to get shipped.  Thought they were all supposed to be out by the middle of the week, but the conveyor must be gunked once more.   :D

Yeah, I'm waiting on that one as well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on October 26, 2017, 08:24:56 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 25, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

Yeah, I'm waiting on that one as well.

Mine just got shipped today.

Via 2-day shipping again, it seems.  That must've cost a chunk, coming from Coastiefornia.  At least they try to make up some shipping time when things are behind schedule.  :)

bbmike

^Mine just arrived.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

Just received my "Here I Stand" 500th Anniversary Upgrade Kit so I got that going for me.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Moreb

So how does this work? I'm looking to purchase Fire in the Lake but it seems as though it's awaiting a reprint. Do I order it and just hope it eventually sells enough to make a reprint?

Is there any way to see where they are are as far as sales go? 
When dongles fly? - mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: Moreb on October 29, 2017, 12:33:00 AM
So how does this work? I'm looking to purchase Fire in the Lake but it seems as though it's awaiting a reprint. Do I order it and just hope it eventually sells enough to make a reprint?

Is there any way to see where they are are as far as sales go?

Yes.

It says, on the game's GMT P500 page, how many people are signed up for the reprint.

Once it goes past 500 pre-orders, they put it in the queue.  Then you'll probably be waiting for 10-18 months for it to travel down the wait list. 

Make sure you account for them charging you, in the distant future, for your P500 pre-orders.  Easy to forget, and I often don't see the email notification of the charge going through until it already has.  No biggie, but I just end up having to keep this stuff in mind when I balance my account, which will be off until they finally charge it a year-plus later.

Moreb

Dang. That's a long wait. I'm not sure I'm that patient. The problem would come in because I rarely keep a debit card for a year. Do they usually make enough reprints that other vendors will sell it? or are they only making enough to fill their P 500?

Thanks. This is one hard game to find. New in SW is nearly $300. Too much for me to spend.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: Moreb on October 29, 2017, 08:50:58 AM
Dang. That's a long wait. I'm not sure I'm that patient. The problem would come in because I rarely keep a debit card for a year. Do they usually make enough reprints that other vendors will sell it? or are they only making enough to fill their P 500?

Thanks. This is one hard game to find. New in SW is nearly $300. Too much for me to spend.

If a P500 goes to print, they produce extras for retail.

The price often ends up being close to the P500 price, depending on which retailer you buy it from.  There are only two potential problems with waiting:

1)  If it's struggling to pass the 500 pre-order mark, it may take even longer to get to print if people aren't signing up.

2)  There are still only limited quantities of extras printed for retail.  The popular ones often become scarce once again.  So if you wait to pick up a retail copy, make sure you're watching & ready to get one after it hits stores.  Because the stocks won't last too long if it's fairly popular.

Reason #2 is usually the biggest issue.  It's the reason there have been some games getting a 3rd printing (or more!) P500.  So it could be back to the long waiting list if you miss the opportunity.