Main Menu

hello hello

Started by trailrunner, September 04, 2016, 06:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

Hello.  I'm new to this site.  I had created an account here a while ago and forgot about it, but when TGB was imploding last month I saw a post about this site and decided to check it out again.

My wargaming story is pretty typical: I got my first AH game when I was a kid in the late 1960s, played the AH classics for a while.  Then life came along and I dropped out of the hobby.  When I left, Panzer Leader had just come out, but Squad Leader was not out yet.  Then, a couple of years ago with the kids grown and out of the house, I decided to get back into it again and found that a lot had happened in the 40 years that I had been away.  I started buying the AH classics and some of the new games, and have now accumulated a collection that will probably last me the rest of my life.  I've been teaching myself ASL for the last couple of years and am just now getting semi-comfortable with the rules.  I play mostly solo, but today I will actually play a game (not ASL) f2f with someone from my previous job.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Double Deuce

JudgeDredd

Welcome. The beer's warm, but so are the people  :P
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Greetings and welcome!  Glad you could join us :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Welcome to GrogHeads, trailrunner!  Glad you decided to give us a second chance.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Welcome Trailrunner. Any AH Vet is more than welcome here.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806