Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I wonder if they'll allow larger maps. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

I like the sounds of deeper diplomacy and new city-build/tech choices.

bbmike

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 11, 2016, 12:39:50 PM

Please let there finally be meaningful diplomacy
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bbmike on May 11, 2016, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 11, 2016, 12:39:50 PM

Please let there finally be meaningful diplomacy

Rock Paper Shotgun had a write up that touched on it. Sounds like things start with the usual peace/war stuff we're used to, but can eventually blossom into embassies and the like. Also, they mention that there will definitely be multiple types of warfare...

JudgeDredd

Sean Bean in the video if I'm not mistaken.

I have loved the Civ games since the original Civilisation...but how different can another iteration be?

It's a buy for me of course.  >:D
Alba gu' brath

steve58

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 11, 2016, 02:05:23 PM

I have loved the Civ games since the original Civilisation...but how different can another iteration be?

ditto for me, but this time I'm gonna wait until after all the hoopla has died down a bit and grab it on a sale  :2funny:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jamus34

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 11, 2016, 02:05:23 PM
Sean Bean in the video if I'm not mistaken.

Does he die in it?
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

^ :2funny:

I enjoyed Civ V immensely. I hope they include smaller scenarios like they did with that release.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

Looking at the steam pre-order bundle, which includes a steam controller, and the graphics has me thinking this may be released on consoles.  If that is the case I hope it isn't dumbed down.

bbmike

^Yeah, that worries me as well. I've always thought Civilization Revolution was just Firaxis "testing the waters". I hope they don't go down that path.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Quote from: Anguille on May 11, 2016, 10:52:25 AM
I had read rumours....good for 4x gaming this year for sure  O0

Too bad 4x needs a lot of time investment. I have too little time even just for one title.  I may choose Oriental Empires over this one.

Gusington

The first Civ I played was Civ II on the original PlayStation and I fell in love with that game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Ahem....

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

But it copies everything from Civ V.. you HATE Civ V!

MetalDog

Does it?!  I didn't even look.  I just assumed they would throw that tired old piece of shi* out and start over again.  Damn  :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob