New Punisher Series

Started by mirth, April 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Can't say I'm surprised. Their Netflix development arm is kicking all the ass so far. One wonders what they would have done with Agents of SHIELD... (which has been slowly and sporadically improving, to be fair).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Agents of SHIELD would likely have been a very different show on Netflix, for better or worse.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

DoctorQuest

I think Netflix can afford to push the limits a little bit beyond what the networks can do. That being said I would not give a young kid blanket access to Netflix.

I would be very interested to see them develop a Punisher spin-off. I like what they've done so far with the character in Daredevil.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Dammit Carl!

Nice.

Still eagerly awaiting "Iron Fist," as I'm a sucker for kung-fu action;  I've still got scads of the marvel produced "Deadly Hands of Kung Fu," large-form comics from back in the 70's/ 80's so I'm totally pumped for this.   :)

Gusington

Punisher is my favorite superhero. Have been reading it since I was about 13. Can't wait for this.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

The Punisher MAX stuff was awesome - but I sure as hell hope they don't bring back the Punisher suit from the 80's/90's where he had freaking white boots and white gloves.  WTF was that about?

-off to watch the Jane Punisher stuff to celebrate-

Sir Slash

My ex-wife used to call her divorce attorney The Punisher. I never understood why until......
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

Did they have white gloves and white boots (and wear them at the same time)?   :P

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2016, 08:36:55 PM
Punisher is my favorite superhero. Have been reading it since I was about 13. Can't wait for this.

Mine as well. Pretty much because he isn't a superhero. Just a hard drinking sociopath riding a massive wave of hate.  >:D

Silent Disapproval Robot

That sounds like most of the males in my family.   Oh well, 9am.  Time to put on my wife beater, get my jar of sippin' vodka, then go sit on the porch and give the stink eye to neighbours.

Gusington

^Then you guys and your families are my favorite superheroes. Let's all watch Punisher together when it's released and then slam folding chairs over our heads.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth