Putin Strikes

Started by besilarius, January 10, 2016, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Classic Russian Honey Trap
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Pinetree

Quote from: mirth on August 01, 2017, 08:04:14 AM
Can't wait for her review of Next War: Poland.

Mitch Land (the designer) is thinking of sending her a copy.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 31, 2017, 04:12:03 PM
I couldn't watch any more after she started peppering the game board with Putin pieces. Did they decide the square chits needed to have their corners clipped to fit the hexes better? -- and if so, was there a sped-up montage of that happening?

How she knifed that box did it for me  ???
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pinetree on August 01, 2017, 09:22:29 AM
Quote from: mirth on August 01, 2017, 08:04:14 AM
Can't wait for her review of Next War: Poland.

Mitch Land (the designer) is thinking of sending her a copy.
Bollox. Send me a copy!
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

So, have any of you guys played this yet.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on October 30, 2017, 09:17:13 AM

I know some people that are LARP'ing it.  Does that count? ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Maybe, if i knew what I knew what LARPing was.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Live Action Role Playing
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Crossroads

Quote from: OJsDad on October 30, 2017, 09:17:13 AM

Yes, I've played it a couple of times, not the full shebang but rather a Baltic scenario we came up based on the RAND article from a couple of years back.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

bbmike

^My guess is that is either a Cosplayer or a model, not a LARPer.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

acctingman

A nerd can dream  :dreamer:

BanzaiCat

Wow. That video was awful on so many levels.

Crossroads

The follow-up games seem to finally be nearing becoming general availability. From their newsletter:

QuotePutin's Northern War and If Dragons Fight Update

We had hoped to have photos and possibly an unboxing video of the press samples for Putin's Northern War and If Dragons Fight, but unfortunately the printer now says they won't be here until the first week in November. We will send out an update once they arrive with photos of the gaming goodness.