Xenoblade Chronicles X - RPG of the Year!

Started by Grimnirsson, December 22, 2015, 06:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

My only real criticisms right now are the camera can be a bit wonky at times, I'd have like more information on the division's and their respective bonuses before you join, and my lack of time to devote to the game.  Seriously, the Japanese can spin a hell of a yarn.  I've always been a fan of JRPGs, but so far this one just has an epic quality.

Bison

Anyone know if I'm supposed to be buying more basic probes to setup at the exploration sites?  I've gone out and explored a couple of areas where I should need to install a probe, but never found the drilling location.  Unless an AI division can setup a probe for an area, the only thing I can come up with is that I have no basic probes in my inventory.   

Grimnirsson

QuoteMy only real criticisms right now are the camera can be a bit wonky at times,

I don't have any problems with the cam. You can set the cam speed in the settings and you can always move the cam closer to your character (up to ego view) and even way out to see your whole party and any enemies (especially helpful if you have to fight a huge enemy) with the right stick and (IIRC) the right bumper.

QuoteI'd have like more information on the division's and their respective bonuses before you join,

Check out the wiki for such info:

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Division

Quoteand my lack of time to devote to the game.

The game can be played in short sessions as I do often, just doing a few missions when I have not that much time, works fine, since all you do is bringing you closer to the first midgame goal - the Skells  8)

QuoteAnyone know if I'm supposed to be buying more basic probes to setup at the exploration sites?  I've gone out and explored a couple of areas where I should need to install a probe, but never found the drilling location.  Unless an AI division can setup a probe for an area, the only thing I can come up with is that I have no basic probes in my inventory.

No, you don't have to buy probes (I don't think you can buy them, you get them as rewards from doing missions), just explore the planet, until you see the beams that point to the FrontierNav Sites. Some of these sites are on hills, in valleys, in certain hard to get areas etc. so you really have to look out for them, that's part of the game ;)

The basic probes are being automatically installed when a FrontierNav Site is first claimed. To get the most of these sites you do missions for getting different kind of probes having different effects.

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=probe&fulltext=Search

Good hunting B.L.A.D.E. soldier  :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

I just think that if I "lock" onto a target that my camera should stay with it.  For some reason the game will occasionally forget what level the camera spin is on and it reverts back to the slow default setting.  Nothing major just annoying.

I spent an hour last night combing a hex and couldn't find the probe site, which I find extremely odd.  It really doesn't have a lot of odd terrain.  I was just a basically a flat plain with a Curators outpost.  I'm sure it's there but I was a little puzzled.

Bison

Had a nice run locating and activating 4 probes this afternoon.  Good stuff.  I leveled up my mechanical skill to 3 and need to read about the benefits of the other two before I level up again.  Otherwise I need to knock out a few quests and look into how I can upgrade to some better weapons/armor beyond scavenging for them off the corpses of opponents.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 14, 2016, 05:35:11 PM
Had a nice run locating and activating 4 probes this afternoon.  Good stuff.  I leveled up my mechanical skill to 3 and need to read about the benefits of the other two before I level up again.  Otherwise I need to knock out a few quests and look into how I can upgrade to some better weapons/armor beyond scavenging for them off the corpses of opponents.

Look at you playing a big boy game :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

It's a huge game with lots of nice complexity and strategy.  Plus it's got mech and alien dinosaurs.  Perfect mix of awesomeness.

Yskonyn

Damn that last sentence really makes it hard for me not to jump in.
But I would have to get the 3DS version as I lack the WiiU.  ::)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grimnirsson

If you try to get a white WiiU you can find some sweet deals...and the price will even come down I suppose when the NX is officially announced.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

No chance. I have no case to present to my wife.  :knuppel2:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."