Wars Across the World - Kick Starter

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 24, 2015, 05:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queeg

Jarhead0331

The pricing seems to be really confusing. It seems that there are two options at this point, Classic and Expanded. Classic comes with three smaller scenarios and Expanded comes with 3 larger scenarios. If you want all of them, you have to buy both packages...then, new scenarios look to cost on the average of $4.99. This game is going to get expensive for people who want to play multiple scenarios.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 04, 2017, 06:09:23 PM
The pricing seems to be really confusing. It seems that there are two options at this point, Classic and Expanded. Classic comes with three smaller scenarios and Expanded comes with 3 larger scenarios. If you want all of them, you have to buy both packages...then, new scenarios look to cost on the average of $4.99. This game is going to get expensive for people who want to play multiple scenarios.

Hope it can be modded or has an editor?  Giving the community the ability to make scenarios will definitely make this popular and stay true to their claim that it can do any type of war from any era.

bbmike

I bought expanded. I'll let you know.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on May 04, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 04, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

Hope it can be modded or has an editor?  Giving the community the ability to make scenarios will definitely make this popular and stay true to their claim that it can do any type of war from any era.

it definitely has an editor. Both editions come with it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

Where is the editor? I don't see it in game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 07:14:07 PM
Where is the editor? I don't see it in game.

I dunno. I don't have it, but both editions are advertised as having the editor. Check for an external .exe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

Nope, no editor in the installation folder. In fact, I bought the "expanded collection" thinking I would get the three scenarios in that PLUS the three from the "classic collection". Nope! I only have three scenarios to play. I'm looking at DLC adding up to almost $100 for other scenarios. I'm not too happy right now with this purchase.  :knuppel2:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Nope, no editor in the installation folder. In fact, I bought the "expanded collection" thinking I would get the three scenarios in that PLUS the three from the "classic collection". Nope! I only have three scenarios to play. I'm looking at DLC adding up to almost $100 for other scenarios. I'm not too happy right now with this purchase.  :knuppel2:

From the store page...

During the next few days after release, players will be given free access, inside the Tools section, to the Game Editor.

The Game Editor will allow you to customize your scenarios, as well as design new ones.

Hang in there, I guess?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

I hope. Also, there is no tutorial. No idea what I'm doing. There is some kind of manual so I'll look at that. My opinion right now is don't buy.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Yeah. There is no way I would buy with just three scenarios in each package. Terrible decision on their part.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Greybriar

The developer has made a recent post on the Steam forum that may be of interest to those who are considering purchasing or who have already purchased Wars Across the World:

Quote from: Strategiae
Pricing and DLC Policy

Hi All

It semes we have made some wrong assumptions when designing or release offer and that created justified upset on the community.

We are at the moment checking with the publisher the changes required, but here are the great lines:

1 - Expanded Collection: the name was poorly chosen by us and we will make it contain all the classic and expanded DLCs, as people assumed that would be the case

NB: for those who bought already, Steam will upload automatically the missing scenarios and you should get them with the next update.

2 - DLCs: we put everything in the list, but due to the scope of them, the addition reached a financial amount that has looked frightening. Indeed, some DLCs added up in the price while they were already in packs, doubling up of sorts, so the unecessary ones will be removed (as already in the packs). And we'll make a a launch promotion on the extras to keep the tally low. (see 3 below too)

3 - Special Release Bundle: we are checking right now with Steam and publisher to make a special release bundle that will include everything, with an adapted price.

We hope this will clarify a bit the situation which we did not anticipate as being hard to grasp. That's the usual issue when a team is so much inside its project that it fails to see the point of view of outsiders. Plus the fact we are kind of 'newbies' here and not fully aware of the market's behaviors and habits.

Of course, while our publisher works on that point, the team stays focused on checking gameplay and issues that may be found.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

The pricing was only hard to grasp because it was so outrageous, it was hard to believe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

I just received the update that added the other three scenarios plus a tutorial. The developer says that the editor is coming within a week. Positive signs so far.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 05, 2017, 06:00:58 AM
I just received the update that added the other three scenarios plus a tutorial. The developer says that the editor is coming within a week. Positive signs so far.

How about some gameplay impressions? My concern is the rule sets are too simple and limited making for a very shallow game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog