Main Menu

Heliborne

Started by Nefaro, September 16, 2015, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Magz did an early look at the closed Alpha match-based FtP Heliborne

Helo assault competitive MP game (think WoT/WT) with mission maps from Vietnam to modern stuff, both US and Russkie.  Mentions that the teams & maps will have proper nationality and equipment limitations on each side - no mixed nationalities on both sides.  Anyway... the vid has some of these details.

Looks like something to keep an eye on!

I also recommend checking out some of Magz' War Thunder air forces vids, if you enjoy that one.  He's not annoying (as most others can be) when it comes to gameplay vids, and is very informative.  O0

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 03:47:13 PM
Magz did an early look at the closed Alpha match-based FtP Heliborne

Helo assault competitive MP game (think WoT/WT) with mission maps from Vietnam to modern stuff, both US and Russkie.  Mentions that the teams & maps will have proper nationality and equipment limitations on each side - no mixed nationalities on both sides.  Anyway... the vid has some of these details.

Looks like something to keep an eye on!

I also recommend checking out some of Magz' War Thunder air forces vids, if you enjoy that one.  He's not annoying (as most others can be) when it comes to gameplay vids, and is very informative.  O0

O0 O0

flying a hind, dropping off ambush troops at LZs - all sexy

Jarhead0331

The best part of the video was seeing the Confederate battle flag waiving at the FOB.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2015, 04:08:24 PM
The best part of the video was seeing the Confederate battle flag waiving at the FOB.

I guess they didn't get the SJW Memo.  ;D

Dammit Carl!

This thing looks promising indeed; the ability to drop a dude with a personal SAM in an ambush point is going to be a hoot.

The amount of helicopter models already available is also a very good sign - would be interesting to see if they go the Wargaming route and start tossing in experimental helicopters &/or "paper," helicopter models.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 17, 2015, 07:00:53 AM
This thing looks promising indeed; the ability to drop a dude with a personal SAM in an ambush point is going to be a hoot.

The amount of helicopter models already available is also a very good sign - would be interesting to see if they go the Wargaming route and start tossing in experimental helicopters &/or "paper," helicopter models.

O0

agreed

GDS_Starfury

I wonder if it will have Blue Thunder or Airwolf as a premium buy?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 17, 2015, 08:27:38 AM
I wonder if it will have Blue Thunder or Airwolf as a premium buy?

..or you get to be "Chopper Dave".

>:D

FlickJax

https://youtu.be/-KgPC5RkYFo

I used to watch these when i was a wee lad.

Nefaro

This is officially coming out of Early Access tomorrow.   :bd:

Think it's pretty much released right now.  Price went up to release point today.

No micro-transactions.   ;)

jomni

So not Free to Play

I like the sound of solo Co-op play with random missions

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on October 11, 2017, 07:54:19 PM
So not Free to Play

I like the sound of solo Co-op play with random missions

Dunno if I'd call them "missions" in the simulation sense.

It may not be Free-to-play, but it still plays like some of those team-based games.  Whether PvE or PvP.  Lots of base capturing to be done.

GeneralHawk

Mighty Jingles review blew me away.  Just picked it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxFL3NnmQQ
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Nefaro

Quote from: GeneralHawk on October 12, 2017, 09:12:17 PM
Mighty Jingles review blew me away.  Just picked it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxFL3NnmQQ

Guess I should've led with that!   :))

Tuna

Am I gonna need to move my rudder pedals upstairs?