Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modelling and Miniatures / 2 pots of paint...
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:54:48 PM »
...and this 1/48 beast

I told my wife "I picked up a pot of paint and the guy said if you buy two of those, you get a free model". She correctly called BS. However, my daughter, who's at University, said "Wow!". Oh dear!!  #:-)
Wargaming / FITNA from Nuts! Publishing
« Last post by Cyrano on Yesterday at 09:09:11 PM »
http://www.nutspublishing.com/eshop/pre-order/fitna-en

Very ambitious title.

I really like Urban Operations -- frankly don't get to play it enough, but it's good -- and this one seems like a good time.
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Warhammer 40k: Wrath & Glory
« Last post by Nefaro on May 23, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
Email update:

Pre-Sale Launch Date

At this point, we hope you’re eager to find out when you can start ordering. The presale is scheduled to launch on Friday, June 1st. We’ll post links on all our social media at 10:00am Central (UTC-5).

Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Boot Hill anybody?
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on May 23, 2018, 06:42:38 AM »
3ed BH always looked pretty spiffy; need to pull that one down and take a gander at it.
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Boot Hill anybody?
« Last post by bbmike on May 23, 2018, 05:45:23 AM »
Boot Hill 3e is up on RPGNow in PDF and/or color softcover.  :cowboy:
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: Quick build
« Last post by JudgeDredd on May 22, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
One last thing. I know - now at least - that I kind of used the wrong weathering. These probably wouldn't have been dusty on carrier ops. But I was just going for taking off the "new look".  L:-)

They didn't always fly from carriers. Pretend it's coral dust from improvised Pacific island runways.  O0
I had that thought in mind - though I was thinking more Guadalcanal  :coolsmiley:
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Conan RPG (Modiphius) - Down to the wire
« Last post by Nefaro on May 22, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
It can work if you are ok with the GM rolling for players at times to keep the game going. It would need an agreement by players to have discussed some sort of script or basic goal for an action scene, so the GM can choose which action is most logical.

Often you see the non battle stuff being played out on a per player basis. At least thats my take.

I was thinking more of the decision-making cycle.  Since Conan has the option to defend against attacks, a regular expenditure of Momentum/Doom, and special combat result "menus" for adding bonus effects, mental attacks, etc.  I imagine the back & forth is more frequent.  Probably won't stop us, though.   8)

..and as a horrible rpg-game-whore who is also fond of Conan, count me in. 

(got the books-core and a few others-and everything!)

Great!  <:-)

Probably won't happen for awhile since I'm pretty busy right now.  Will get some stuff rolling after I get settled in, and likewise start joining others' games at that point.
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Starfinder by Paizo
« Last post by Nefaro on May 22, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »
I mean.. how many other sci-fantasy games have an Undead faction with their own themed starships (also: dragons, etc).  Wasn't sure it'd fit well, but after skimming it, I may well have been wrong.

Oooo...WH40K Necrons-ish?  Color me interested!

Kinda.   Closer to something like having Lich-Admirals and Wight-Captains I suspect.  Still heavy on the fantasy flavoring, but not so much that it completely dominates.  Probably has Orc factions, of course.  The dragon-in-a-ship thing sounds a bit odd to me, but maybe it works out.

Been impressed with how they filled out the weapons.  Big lists of varied 'gun' types, for example, with increasing power in each type (with recommended levels for use).  Plus it looks like you can modify weapons, armor, yourself, etc further. 

I need to pick up the 'monster manual' equivalent sometime.  Will do that in the future.  It reportedly has numerous new humanoid races for the setting, along with the usual baddies.
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Starfinder by Paizo
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on May 22, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
I mean.. how many other sci-fantasy games have an Undead faction with their own themed starships (also: dragons, etc).  Wasn't sure it'd fit well, but after skimming it, I may well have been wrong.

Oooo...WH40K Necrons-ish?  Color me interested!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10