Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help Wanted / Playtesters, Designers, and Artists All Needed
« Last post by Beck TBP on Today at 08:38:52 AM »
Would you like to playtest games (either Print and Play or VASSAL) in various stages of development?

Have you designed a game that is yet unpublished?

Have you seen art in a game and thought, "I could have done better than that!"

Tiny Battle Publishing needs you!  Please drop me a line at beck@tinybattlepublishing.com
DIY / Re: Game Design?
« Last post by Capn Darwin on October 14, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
I was one of the guys on the team. Did the control panel, many editors, did new terrain and ground objects. Kess did all heavy lifting with the art and project management.
DIY / Re: Game Design?
« Last post by Toonces on October 14, 2017, 06:21:53 AM »
Cap'n Darwin did full canvas jacket?  I never knew that.  That was a fantastic mod....I still have the copy markshot sent me around somewhere.

:notworthy:
DIY / Re: Dig Hero Quest/Space Crusade/combat board games?
« Last post by GimlisShart on October 12, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
Cheers. They're massive! I ordered a bunch of blank ones off ebay and when they arrived they were a lot larger than expected. I've got so used to them now I might try and keep them on the relatively larger size should the game ever get produced.
DIY / Re: Any GIMP users here able to answer a simple question?
« Last post by acctingman on October 10, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »
you'll need a boss-key ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_key ) or some innocent looking desktop wallpaper to switch back to in an emergency. ;)

Grogger of the year right here folks!!!!

Thanks Chemkid  :P
« Last post by chemkid on October 10, 2017, 09:42:35 AM »
you'll need a boss-key ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_key ) or some innocent looking desktop wallpaper to switch back to in an emergency. ;)
« Last post by acctingman on October 10, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »
I figured that was what you were working on.

I'd use Excel for the basic shape and data entry, and then use Power Point to insert pics and background stuff to make it look nice.

Thanks Barth (you too brant!!)

So.....next question. How do I do this at work and make it look like I'm working?  :bd:
« Last post by Barthheart on October 10, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
I figured that was what you were working on.

I'd use Excel for the basic shape and data entry, and then use Power Point to insert pics and background stuff to make it look nice.
« Last post by acctingman on October 10, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »
I'm trying to replicate the Panzer data cards for units I want to add to the game, so Excel might be a decent option.
« Last post by bayonetbrant on October 10, 2017, 08:03:07 AM »
you're going to have a hard time repeatedly changing the data with GIMP b/c it's a raster-based app, so every time you want to change the type, you have to erase the existing type's pixels on the screen, and then retype what you're after.

Excel or Word or PPT let you type as much as you want but might not be as aesthetically pleasing as you prefer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10