Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: REAPER MINIS NEW KICKSTARTER!
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 06:37:48 PM »
Do they actually add more minis as stretch goals are reached?

They're adding them to the 'base set' picture. They were at 70 minis when bbmike posted above. They're at 115 and climbing now.

Look at everything that's in the green-bordered picture. That's what you get for the $100 pledge, and they're still adding.
Sports / Re: 2017 Running Football Thread
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 06:32:39 PM »
Is there going to be a fantasy fb league this year.

A fantasy Facebook League?

I know who you want to draft first...
« Last post by mirth on Today at 06:23:36 PM »

A fantasy Facebook League?
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 06:14:56 PM »
they LOVE to point out when someone is the "first" of any racial or sexuality category (bonus points for both, dammit!). The irony pisses me off to no end.

Yeah, screw that Jackie Robinson guy...
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Ships!
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 06:14:44 PM »
Call me Boaty McBoatface just one more time. I dare ya, punk.
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 06:11:45 PM »
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Planes!
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 06:06:46 PM »
WOLVERINES!

Between the paint job and frame, the new jet definitely evokes the style of the iconic fighters from the WWII era, but donít let those looks fool you ó this aircraft is packed with state-of-the-art technology.

So... the propellor is just for, uh... 'backup'?
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: Grogs of Crisis - 4 player "Time of Crisis"
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 05:51:23 PM »
Larry starts Turn 9 with an anemic hand, thanks to low-power cards clogging up his available pile. He bought another Legion in Pannonia and increased his support there, but that doesnít directly act toward stopping my coming win in Turn 10 (at this rate).

Dave couldnít strike politically for Italia due to a lack of having a governor. (The rules stipulate you have to have a governor available to attempt to replace a governor. Canít just replace him with a neutral gov. Too bad because he had a low but real shot at uprooting me.) He accidentally tapped out all his blue cards before he realized this, so he isnít likely to have anything left to try to out-gov me on Turn 10.

With not much left to play, he moved his largest stack into Pannonia (currently AzLarryís province) in order to be within striking distance of Italia next time, should the help be needed.

Barth rolled up a Nomad into Africa (at last!) this time. It got deactivated, for now, thanks to those Limes I bought waaaaaay back at the start of the game.

Barth sailed his Syrian army out from its capital to Italia, successfully destroying my army from _that_ capital (as he noted). This left his capital open for invasion, but there wasn't anything I could feasibly do about that. (This turn.)

He played a Pretender card, which would have scotched my bid for the win handily! -- but he didn't have two adjacent provinces with 3 or more support each, so he couldn't play the event. He did use it to increase support in Syria and Egypt, but the Nomads in Egypt dropped his support again.

For the Crisis, I roll Sassanids, and surge two of them into Syria toward Egypt. The Limes deactivate them for now.

I play a 2-red Castra, to raise a new army in Italia (occupation of which prevents me raising militia but not legions); and then to power up my African superstack (of two legions and a militia) to attack my African Nomads!

If I win this, I have a real chance of winning the game on _this_ turn!

Unfortunately, while I struck twice, they rolled a six and then a 5, also striking twice.

Fortunately, the rules say that if one side is eliminated, then the other side wins regardless of hits!

New score is 51.

Unfortunately the Ferrets failed to hit their Alams in Italia at all, even with the auguries. They also get hit back in return, reducing them. That makes my auto-win this turn impossible.

In my support phase, Italia reduces from 3 to 2, thanks to occupation. But I donít have any remaining support problems.

My score goes up 8 points for Italia support + governed provinces + provincial improvements, landing at 59: one point short of an unanswerable autowin.

With 8 support and three provinces, I buy a 4x2=8 point praetorian guard red card. Which could be handy later.  :knuppel2:

SHALL THE REBEL ALLIANCE DETHRONE ME IN TURN TEN?!

In order to do so, they must either politically eject me, which they'll need no more than 3 senate votes for; or they must set up a situation I can't answer where I lose two support in Italia. (Or some combination.) One mob would do that, if I can't get rid of it, and if I can't get rid of the two occupying forces. Alternately, someone could play a praetorian card which, by itself, would stand a decent chance of evicting me, and moreso with any red cards played along with it. I'm doubtful anyone has picked up another Pretender card yet, but if that could be played even on turn 10, I'd probably fall out of office, locking me out of the win.
Organizations and Equipment / Re: Ships!
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 05:49:33 PM »
Theodore goes gangster.

LOL- I was thinking 'Theodor the Psychokiller Tugboat'
Other Games Around the Table / Re: Techno Bowl (aka Tech?NO! Bowl)
« Last post by Nefaro on Today at 05:38:35 PM »
My bad, then. I was taking that cue from the dates on the posts in the BGG forum...sure seemed like it's been around a while.

IIRC, the print & play version has been around longer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10