Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

The only one I don't have that I'm remotely interested in is the F-5E...I either have everything else or not really interested.

However, I am holding off buying anymore because I have so many cool planes and would like to just focus for a bit - and I know I'm going to get the F-14 and likely the F4
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

it's funny you say that, f5 was the last one i was thinking about...if i get anymore, that will be the one.  is there any eta on when f14 will become available?

mbar

Took the plunge for NTTR, F-5E and AV-8B. Yeah. Nevada is beautiful. The F-5 free flight at dusk.  :dreamer:

Nefaro

Quote from: mbar on June 30, 2018, 10:04:31 PM
Took the plunge for NTTR, F-5E and AV-8B. Yeah. Nevada is beautiful. The F-5 free flight at dusk.  :dreamer:

F-5 on NTTR is  :smitten:

Grim.Reaper

f5 bought...now i am done with this sale season

Jarhead0331

Is anyone else using voice attack with the Vaicom Pro plugin? I had my eye on voice attack for awhile and finally picked it up on steam during the sale. It took some digging and trial and error to get everything set up and working, and I'm still getting it configured properly, but this seems like another revolution in immersion. I'm using it for all voice comms now, which is pretty amazing. It's really awesome to contact ATC by voice, request something and have the tower respond, same with JTAC and wingmen, etc.. Wild stuff...

Anyway, if you jump in, be ready for a bit of a learning curve. The UI is a little less than intuitive, but if I can figure it out, it's definitely doable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 30, 2018, 04:57:48 AM
it's funny you say that, f5 was the last one i was thinking about...if i get anymore, that will be the one.  is there any eta on when f14 will become available?
I've no idea - sorry. First I know about it is when it's on alpha and pre-order
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2018, 07:34:57 AM
Is anyone else using voice attack with the Vaicom Pro plugin? I had my eye on voice attack for awhile and finally picked it up on steam during the sale. It took some digging and trial and error to get everything set up and working, and I'm still getting it configured properly, but this seems like another revolution in immersion. I'm using it for all voice comms now, which is pretty amazing. It's really awesome to contact ATC by voice, request something and have the tower respond, same with JTAC and wingmen, etc.. Wild stuff...

Anyway, if you jump in, be ready for a bit of a learning curve. The UI is a little less than intuitive, but if I can figure it out, it's definitely doable.
I don't know if that's the software I tried once - I think it was - and it was having a hell of a time recognising my voice (well - the windows voice recognition plug in iirc)

I might give it another go though if it's going cheap. The demo was time limited I think so I didn't have that long to mess with it.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2018, 08:06:47 AM
The demo was time limited I think so I didn't have that long to mess with it.

http://voiceattack.com/#download-1

The trial version of VoiceAttack gives you one profile with up to twenty commands.  Other than that, it's a fully-functioning trial with everything available to you.  If you would like to use an unhindered version of VoiceAttack, you will need to purchase a registration key

JudgeDredd

well...it wasn't that then...or it was "time limited" in that I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2018, 08:28:08 AM
well...it wasn't that then...or it was "time limited" in that I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D

There is a 73 page thread on the software in the DCS forums and there is a very diverse group of users with all different accents. This is another aspect of the program that involves trial and error, but so far for me its working very well. Its a lot of fun to key the mic, speak, and get a response. There is also a plugin called Chatterer that adds random radio comms, further boosting immersion. For VR, at least, voice attack is going to be indispensable.

I think like trackIR, its the kind of thing that once you start using it, there is no going back to the old way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

There is a 73 page thread on the software in the DCS forums and there is a very diverse group of users with all different accents. This is another aspect of the program that involves trial and error, but so far for me its working very well. Its a lot of fun to key the mic, speak, and get a response. There is also a plugin called Chatterer that adds random radio comms, further boosting immersion. For VR, at least, voice attack is going to be indispensable.

I think like trackIR, its the kind of thing that once you start using it, there is no going back to the old way.

Any experience with voice packs  ?  (e.g. https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/ for Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 05, 2018, 09:10:20 AM

Any experience with voice packs  ?  (e.g. https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/ for Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen)

No. I have only used voice attack for DCS. However, I am aware that it works with many games and that there are a lot of players using it for Elite, SC and ARMA 3.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Yep. When it worked for me, it was sweet. I used it on Elite but had random results sometimes.

I'll get back to it and be a bit more tenacious this time. It's very cheap too...though I thought it cost considerably more at full price than £9 (when I looked initially).
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Yep. When it worked for me, it was sweet. I used it on Elite but had random results sometimes.

I'll get back to it and be a bit more tenacious this time. It's very cheap too...though I thought it cost considerably more at full price than £9 (when I looked initially).

Don't forget...in addition to Voice Attack, you also need to get the VAICOM plug-in. The PRO version costs a few bucks, but it is absolutely worth it. If you are going to use Voice Attack for DCS, VAICOM is a must have.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog