Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

I wish they would release planes like the Mirage 2000 and Viggen for the Flaming cliffs 3 version: meaning the less complex models. I can handle the intermediate difficulty flying the FC3 F-15c but would sit on the runway for hours with the DCS versions
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on September 23, 2017, 02:47:51 PM
I wish they would release planes like the Mirage 2000 and Viggen for the Flaming cliffs 3 version: meaning the less complex models. I can handle the intermediate difficulty flying the FC3 F-15c but would sit on the runway for hours with the DCS versions

Pretty sure they've stated no new aircraft will be done in the FC3 style.  The new ones are all click-pits starting awhile back.

The Su-33 and MiG-29 are already in FC3.  They've just been getting flight model updates since they were using old FMs from earlier versions of FC (and it showed).

Skoop

I know what you mean, but all airframes have an auto start cheat.  You can use chucks pdf guides to quickly learn the systems.  The main thing i'd like to see is some more development of pre-mission planning.  In MP you don't always have mission waypoints set up so you have to go in and set em all up by hand in the plane and with a plane like the viggen this can be tedious.  The viggen has a data cartridge that you load at the beginning of the startup.  I'd love to see that develop where set your mission up with clicks on the map screen and load it into the plane through the data cartridge hassle free.  With the recent addition of the GNS 430 app, I think we'll see something like this at some point.   

Nefaro

Quote from: Skoop on September 24, 2017, 10:54:39 AM

I know what you mean, but all airframes have an auto start cheat.  You can use chucks pdf guides to quickly learn the systems.  The main thing i'd like to see is some more development of pre-mission planning.  In MP you don't always have mission waypoints set up so you have to go in and set em all up by hand in the plane and with a plane like the viggen this can be tedious.  The viggen has a data cartridge that you load at the beginning of the startup.  I'd love to see that develop where set your mission up with clicks on the map screen and load it into the plane through the data cartridge hassle free.  With the recent addition of the GNS 430 app, I think we'll see something like this at some point.   

The auto-starts don't activate everything.  Many of the electronics still have to be fired up manually.  I think the auto-start is mostly just engine start ones.

Yskonyn

If mission creators use the 'Prepare Mission' mode in the editor as intended your aircraft should come preloaded with flightplan, waypoints, fixes (the nav kind), etc. But many authors fail to do so unfortunately.

The autostart is indeed engines and electrical systems only.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

~3 days left on the DCS summer sale.. up to 50% off most modules.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

The F-18 looks like it's coming along quite well.  The textures..  :coolsmiley:

JudgeDredd

Damn - Harrier is only stated for 1.5. I have it installed, but when I fire up DCS, I generally go to 2

Ah well...it's an instant buy for me anyway!!
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

I don't think that matters, JD. It definately be 2.1/2.5 maybe just not in early access.
I wouldnt let it spoil your trigger finger! 😄
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 28, 2017, 05:09:45 AM
I don't think that matters, JD. It definately be 2.1/2.5 maybe just not in early access.
I wouldnt let it spoil your trigger finger! 😄
It's not. I couldn't NOT buy a Harrier after my initial and continued disappointment with Combat Air Patrol 2 (which admittedly is still in Early Access)
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

For our wing its an especially interesting aircraft. We have a large squadron of A-10C pilots and te Harrier basically gets us the Marine version of a CAS platform.
It'll be interesting to see how well it fits in our missions by default and might give us an additional option for an airframe in the squadron.
It'll be fun to test the two aircraft against eachother.

Skoop

The harrier can do some light SEAD ops, the devs confirmed the modded sidewinder that locks radars in short range will be released with the plane.  The unique capabilities will make this a definite purchase for me as well. 

I wonder If I could turn off some of the systems in the editor to make it like a GR1 and use something for the Argentines for a poor mans Falklands scenario. 

RyanE

I noticed some of the DLC says "Steam incompatible".  I am assuming that means that if I bought DCS on Steam, I can't use those DLCs with it...is that correct?

Yskonyn

Its cool how much data you can get from CMANO's database on variant differences . 👍🏻

Nefaro

Quote from: RyanE on October 28, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
I noticed some of the DLC says "Steam incompatible".  I am assuming that means that if I bought DCS on Steam, I can't use those DLCs with it...is that correct?

You are correct.

They don't usually release their Steam version of new modules until LONG after going public (i.e. "beta").