Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 13, 2016, 04:06:34 PM
1.5.5 initially completely broke third party tools like Universe Radio and Tacview, cause the export.lua script had been changed.
Fixed are coming in since yesterday luckily.

I still haven't got SimpleRadio to detect that I've connected to the related multi-player server, much less differentiate which side I chose.

Hopefully my attempt earlier today was just due to the new DCS version.   But that was the third time it hasn't worked, so I'm beginning to believe the PIBCAK.

jomni

Nefaro

People and their obsessions.   :o

:bd:

Nefaro

The audio is so much louder after the update. 

Which is a good thing because it was difficult to hear some stuff before, at full volume level.  Engine & airflow sounds had been notably low, especially compared to the blaring RWR & Betty. 

Can even adjust the various levels while in-sim now, too.   O0

Nefaro

Dunno if I posted the link before, but I've been much happier with Ralfidude's version of the RAE Sound Mod.

It changes the various blaring 'BEEEEEP' sounds of the RWR to less annoying versions.  Some of the stock sounds were driving me insane, being far louder than other sounds in the sim, and often annoying high-pitched too. 

I removed the changes to the Flare ejection sound that he added, because I couldn't hear it at all in-game. 

Enabling & disabling it with JSGME after/before updates, in case a patch changes something.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1459615/

Yskonyn

Ralfidude's version is a modded version of Tetra, which has adopted the mod from someone else yet again. :) It's a great mod (as proven by the various foster parents) and my choice as well.  :bd:

Regarding the sounds; a pilot inside the cockpit with a helmet on which doubles as a headset (and wearing earplugs on top of that sometimes) make engine and wind sounds hardly audible inside the cockpit in the real jet.
I have always modded these effects in DCS because they were too loud. If they are even louder now then, personally, I find that pretty annoying.  :knuppel2:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Haven't tried the new one.  There's a tick box for helmet on or off.  I prefer helmet on.  Took some time for me to tweak it for my liking.

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 14, 2016, 04:42:26 PM

Regarding the sounds; a pilot inside the cockpit with a helmet on which doubles as a headset (and wearing earplugs on top of that sometimes) make engine and wind sounds hardly audible inside the cockpit in the real jet.

Indeed.

But I never even had the muffled 'Helmet Sound' box checked.  Thought it was optional.   ;D

My biggest bummer on that is the high AoA airflow sounds.  I occasionally hear that air pummeling a little, but rarely notice it much. 

Like I said, my audio generally sounded very low in DCS before this latest update.  It is much louder since they changed some stuff with the in-game sound settings.  Although the default RWR sounds are still much louder than everything else, at least I can adjust some different sliders if I had to.

Nefaro

So..

Everyone is getting the disappearing mouse cursor issue in multi-player, at some point.

I got stuck in a recent MP attempt, for the second time, when my cursor disappeared while I was in-game.  Couldn't click on anything, including the ESC menu for respawning, exiting the game, etc.  Had to Alt+F4 to get out of the match, after every death. 

Said, "f this" again.  How the hell did they miss such an obvious and problematic bug?  They pushed this out way too quickly.   :pullhair:  Was having withdrawal symptoms.  :nerd:

jomni

Doesn't sound good. I already installed the update. DCS 2 not patched right?  It didn't update when I fired it up

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 15, 2016, 08:48:47 AM
Doesn't sound good. I already installed the update. DCS 2 not patched right?  It didn't update when I fired it up

Dunno about 2.  I've not bothered picking it up yet since it's still being worked on.

I think the mouse cursor issue only happens in multi-player.  Still.. how the hell did they not find & fix that?  Minimal testing, and people mentioned they reported bugs in the optional past test version which was never addressed before it got pushed out.

It deserves a slow clap.   :clap:   Hope they let those test patches simmer for awhile longer in the future.   It had much needed goodies & fixes, but ..

Jarhead0331

Anyone willing to connect privately to conduct training flights? is this even possible?

It would be greatly appreciated to fly with a grogheads instructor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2016, 05:01:47 PM
Anyone willing to connect privately to conduct training flights? is this even possible?

It would be greatly appreciated to fly with a grogheads instructor.

What are you looking to fly? Simple planes or the hardcore ones?

Jarhead0331

Either, or. I own them all pretty much. Wouldn't mind starting with the F15.

I'm not a neophyte. I used to be pretty skilled with some of the aircraft, but I put them down and over the years I've forgotten what I had learned. Today, I can take off and fly competently, I just haven't taken the time to re-learn avionics, radar, weapons, etc. I think flying with a pal would be fun and give me incentive.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2016, 05:44:27 PM
Either, or. I own them all pretty much. Wouldn't mind starting with the F15.

I'm not a neophyte. I used to be pretty skilled with some of the aircraft, but I put them down and over the years I've forgotten what I had learned. Today, I can take off and fly competently, I just haven't taken the time to re-learn avionics, radar, weapons, etc. I think flying with a pal would be fun and give me incentive.

Nef and I were flying for a lil bit in the F-15 and Su-25 for a bit and having fun, even if we weren't very effective against the Enemy (I was probably more of a threat to Nef than I was to the Enemy). I've been scarcer due to starting a new job recently, but definitely could get into some MP on the weekend. We were using ASID's teamspeak server.  You are right,  it is more fun with friends. The F-15 is easy to get into as long as you map the correct keys ahead of time. It also doesn't take as long to learn as say the Warthog C.