WW2 mini's rules recommendations

Started by acctingman, February 04, 2018, 05:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Was thinking about trying out some ww2 mini's rules that lend themselves to solo play. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'll take a look at TMP, but I thought I'd ask for some opinions here.

Company level and some detail. Nothing too bogged down in chart flipping, but nothing overly simple either.

Richie61

I've been told NUTS! is the best game and it's solo too.
http://www.twohourwargames.com/ww2.html

Plus your Panzer game can be played as mini's too ;) It's based off of mini rules.

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Now why would you say that. Those corners are perfectly clean and free of fuzz so why bother clipping...?  :idiot2:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Quote from: Richie61 on February 05, 2018, 09:07:56 AM
I've been told NUTS! is the best game and it's solo too.
http://www.twohourwargames.com/ww2.html

I bought Nuts! on sale before Christmas but haven't gotten to the table yet.... :(

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

mirth

acctingman

Holy Hell

What's the scale on that? 1:1  :P

mirth

Finally, a counter I can read without a magnifying glass!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Flames of War is doable solo.  There was a guy who did a really detailed look at his solo play through of Kursk up on YouTube 3-4 years ago.

mirth

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm not really a fan either (never cared for most games that use the war hammer points style skirmish systems) but it is popular and there is a crapload of stuff for it (which never made a whole lot of sense to me.  Why release highly detailed, customizable armor minis if you're going to use generic "fast light tank -early" stats?).

It does fit into the not too complex/not too simple zone that acctingman is looking for though.  And it's still better than Memoir '44.

Barthheart

Nuts! is setup so you can use whatever minis you want... stuff like UCG is painting to little green army men, detailed terrain to matchboxes and cotton balls...
Looks pretty cool... just need to get it on the table....  :pullhair:

Staggerwing

Barth, did you get Nuts! as DL or hardcopy? I'm interested but need to know a little more before I plunk down cash.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys