Revisiting Grand Theft Auto V

Started by Jarhead0331, January 02, 2019, 10:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

SHOTS FIRED!!!  There is a cool plugin Vocal Dispatch that allows you to have limited verbal radio traffic with dispatch through the mic on your PC headset.  The phrase "Shots fired" is one of the the things the plugin understands that will get backup rolling code 3 to your location.  Very cool.

R/O was on routine patrol in the Chamberlain Hills neighborhood of Los Santos when multiple loud reports were heard.  The back window of the squad car was shattered.  R/O tactically re-positioned his vehicle in a nearby parking lot (floored it actually  :) )  and notified dispatch.  Three armed, suspected gang members exited a SUV and engaged R/O.  Upon the arrival of backup units one suspect was KIA and the others fled southbound on foot.  Referred to gang unit 3 Henry 10. 

Cool game.

Via the Vocal Dispatch plugin air support can also be requested which is very useful for pursuits.  Looks really cool at night with the spot light following the car/suspects.  I keep forgetting to grab a screenshot of helicopter support at night (always to busy :) ). 

Air support during a foot pursuit of a suspect in rural Blain County.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Air support on midnight shift in Los Santos.

RommelFox

I haven't place GTA since the one based in the eighties.  This mod might just make me buy this.

Great shots Mos!

My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

JasonPratt

I check every day for more of these.  :bd:

MOS, if you're having trouble catching screenshots, try using a screen-capture video program (like NVidia's free Shadowplay), and then go back with Windows Media player or something like that to snap shots at will.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Spend the weekend installing GTA V with a large number of mods only to find today that :

LSPDFR 0.4 - Now Available.

https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/89621-lspdfr-04-now-available/

Attention : most of the other mods (https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/essential-mods/) don't work with 0.4 yet.

Dammit Carl!

Keep meaning to play more of this; thanks for the LSPD stuff as it's a nice spring-board to all the other mods that are out there.  Zombies?  Oh yeah!

YES!!!!  Very cool.  Now I just need time to do a clean install then download and get 0.4 working.  :bd:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on February 25, 2019, 12:58:45 PM
YES!!!!  Very cool.  Now I just need time to do a clean install then download and get 0.4 working.  :bd:

Yeah...let us know how your install goes and you go about doing it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

I used the auto installer and it deletes version .3 as part of the process. It appears all of my plugins are in fact broken now as expected, however, it also looks like a bunch of them have already been updated. With the new functionality of the mod, some of the old plugins might not be necessary.

Anyway, didn't play much, but I did create my character which was pretty cool. Lots of options...you even get to pick your ethnicity and base physical characteristics by selecting your mom and dad...crazy detail for a game like this. Very eager to dive in and see what else the new version has to offer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18