The Anti-Productivity Thread

Started by mirth, December 09, 2013, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

What about swords and Ancient Speak&Spells?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Artwork by a former employee of mine...  a red-headed "medusa"

he does a variety of anime-style comics and magazine covers
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I didn't turn into stone when I looked at her but.... I do feel a sudden stiffening occurring.  :-"   Better try it again with a mirror this time. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Atilla60

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

No other good place to drop this, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.

The divorced couple they're talking to were both former students of mine at WPU.  He had the class in the Spring, and she took it over the summer.  They got married in between.

[yt]https://youtu.be/ujt9h4Oemnw[/yt]

They're also both pretty active in the local roller derby scene here, and I have friends whose kids were/are on the team coached by the guy, and other friends who are married to some of her old teammates from the Carolina Rollergirls.  Somehow, I have never been to a roller derby event. 
<< adds item to bucket list >>

a longer article
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article213838759.html

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 28, 2018, 05:56:20 AM
Somehow, I have never been to a roller derby event. 

I went to a roller derby event when I was a kid.  That would have been in the early to mid 1970s in San Diego.

One of my daughter's friends was a very competitive ice skater when she was young.  She's now about 29, and along the way she converted her ice skating skills into a spot on a roller derby team or something in NYC.  I was surprised to hear that roller derby was still a thing.

Windigo

When I did fieldwork, one of the seasonal techs revealed she played on a derby team.. I asked her how she got into it. She told me there was a poster for tryouts at the tattoo parlour where she frequented....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys