Author Topic: The Anti-Productivity Thread  (Read 23636 times)

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Re: The Anti-Productivity Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
What about swords and Ancient Speak&Spells?
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

Online bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2018, 09:28:12 PM »
Artwork by a former employee of mine...  a red-headed "medusa"

he does a variety of anime-style comics and magazine covers
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2018, 10:25:58 AM »
I didn't turn into stone when I looked at her but.... I do feel a sudden stiffening occurring.  :-"   Better try it again with a mirror this time. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Atilla60

• Viking
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2018, 08:44:49 AM »

Speaking about artwork: http://weavesilk.com/
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can’t ‘un’ until you ‘pre’, son." - Gus

Online bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Online bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2018, 04:56:20 AM »
No other good place to drop this, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.

The divorced couple they're talking to were both former students of mine at WPU.  He had the class in the Spring, and she took it over the summer.  They got married in between.

They're also both pretty active in the local roller derby scene here, and I have friends whose kids were/are on the team coached by the guy, and other friends who are married to some of her old teammates from the Carolina Rollergirls.  Somehow, I have never been to a roller derby event. 
<< adds item to bucket list >>

a longer article
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article213838759.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:07:34 AM by bayonetbrant »

Offline trailrunner

• Viking
  • southeast of disorder
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2018, 05:03:20 AM »
Somehow, I have never been to a roller derby event. 

I went to a roller derby event when I was a kid.  That would have been in the early to mid 1970s in San Diego.

One of my daughter's friends was a very competitive ice skater when she was young.  She's now about 29, and along the way she converted her ice skating skills into a spot on a roller derby team or something in NYC.  I was surprised to hear that roller derby was still a thing.

Offline Windigo

• Arquebusier
  • Support your local ASPCG
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
When I did fieldwork, one of the seasonal techs revealed she played on a derby team.. I asked her how she got into it. She told me there was a poster for tryouts at the tattoo parlour where she frequented....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Online bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »

Online bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »

Online bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Happy little ipsums
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss