Gifs of Greatness!

Started by Centurion40, March 15, 2012, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mirth on January 06, 2018, 09:30:51 PM
https://twitter.com/NickMacarty/status/949437129427431424
Man - I don't know what it was about the Eagle - but it was - and for me always has been - the best looking spaceship in any sci-fi series I've ever seen (outside of Star Trek obviously)
Alba gu' brath

mirth

It's a cool, but also realistic, design.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

LOVED the Eagle as a little one...still do. Had the big playset. Wish I still had it. :(

bbmike

+1. Always loved the Eagle from Space:1999.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

It's those NASA-style set back little triangular windshields with the black anti-glare paint in their channels. It reminds the little kids in all of us of the moon landings or something
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

Life at sea is hard.
It is apparently even harder if you are a blonde on the BBC.

https://www.facebook.com/bbctwo/videos/10155402833196778/?t=43

Never had known that Sir Francis Drake circumsized the globe.
Thank God he didn't slip and castrate it.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oem5mfOrH5o

The Beeb is really trying to shed it's old image of stuffy men in evening wear reading the news.
Now a Horrible History on the Rotten Romans.  The really rotten romans like Elagabalus.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

wrong thread
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Staggerwing

Must be Sweden 'cause that's how they roll.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bob48

^I thought the same.

Isn't it a Saab Viggen?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"