‘Cause that’s what FRIDAYS are made of

Started by Jarhead0331, March 22, 2019, 01:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Not even close to this band's best song, but with me obscessing over DCS, this song and video really hits me in the feels...would love to someday be able to capture some in flight footage and edit it to this song in the background.

Anyway, I'll be mostly flying this weekend, with some HOI IV, Division 2 and maybe some Battlestar Galactica Deadlock....oh and if Star Citizen alpha 3.5 hits, I'll load that up too.  Everyone have a good weekend!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Have been ninja'd. Wanted to start the thread this week....

I will mostly be playing a campaign of Genghis Khan in Oriental Empires. Goal is to win that scenario (though it's hard).

Also just started a new campaign in Civilization VI with Korea (i have yet to win my first game  :-[).

Enjoy the weekend.

Jarhead0331

Sorry bro...my daughter is running a high fever so I was up at ungodly hours. What song were you going to do?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

FlickJax

Daughter got me these DLC's for birthday this week so guess I will be trying them out :)

Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration
Field of Glory II: Rise of Persia

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on March 22, 2019, 04:25:05 AM
Daughter got me these DLC's for birthday this week so guess I will be trying them out :)

Wow! That's awesome! Happy belated.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2019, 04:23:17 AM
Sorry bro...my daughter is running a high fever so I was up at ungodly hours. What song were you going to do?
No worries  ;)

Hope you're daughter is doing better....

Was going to load this:

FlickJax

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2019, 04:26:44 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on March 22, 2019, 04:25:05 AM

Wow! That's awesome! Happy belated.

Thanks m8, and also hope your daughter gets well soon... kids are there to torment us :)  and make us proud

Hofstadter

Birfday wednesday, didnt really do much for it. BF is getting me the halo pack when it releases.

Don't have much planned for the weekend, I have a four hour shift at work in media. Probably just gonna play apex and chill since next week is 10-6pm days. Ugh. Might do another Graviteam vid
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

nelmsm

Answering PBEM files and doing some playtesting and maybe some more time for my Stellaris game I started. Determined to play this all the way through.

-budd-

Got today off, so i'll take care of a few things then hit the gaming. Probably some 7 Days to Die and more Killing Floor 2 trying out some more workshop maps. Going to have a look at the GOG spring sale but haven't been in much of a game buying mood lately, although i did pick up the last DLC that i didn't have for Tank Warfare Tunisia for $.49 on Steam.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Aside from my usual ongoing things, I'm also trying to figure out how to stat-conquer Ultimate General: Civil War.

Originally my plan was to try, as a joke, to reach an "artillery only" campaign, though since I can't control production I now doubt it's even organizationally possible to ever get there (completely aside from whether I can be victorious or even survive the battles, which are suuuuper crazy even on normal). There just aren't enough guns available to make the effort feasible.

Now having played a few missions beyond the first one (the Potomac fort capture and defense, for the Confederacy), I know there's a hard limit on the number of.... let's call them groups (some are batteries, some are regiments, some are brigades, some are short brigades which might as well be regiments and don't even amount to battalions...) I can bring to any fight. Doesn't matter how many groups my corps already has: I have eight groups in two divisions? Nope, I can only bring three of those groups. Well, the others arrive later right? Nope, other people arrive later, not my guys.

Maybe that changes later in the game, but for now if a mission says only three slots, or only four, can be deployed, I have no reason to even be creating, much less building up, other slots!

This makes a huge difference to how I should (or even can) spend my money between missions.

So I'll have to go back and replot things from my game-save after the first mission.

(I don't feel bad about going back and redesigning my deployments, because I consider this to be things-I-really-would-have-already-known... ;) )

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Happy b-day to Flick, and hope that JH's daughter gets over the fever.

I finally, FINALLY beat the ungodly Jack in the chainsaw duel in Resident Evil 7. It took me several hours spread over the last week or so to finally gut his ass.

It is probably the most difficult boss battle that I have played and this one took me at least 100 tries.

Last night around ten I actually went around the house and woke The Wife and Daughters up to tell them I finally killed Jack, that bastard.

The dog was also impressed. I can barely express the feeling of liberation I got from this victory!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Lol Gus, I bet the dog was the only impressed one :)

Sir Slash

Hurray! Jack the ungodly chainsaw bastard is dead-- lets hope he's NOT twins.  :hide:  On a retro-kick so I been treading the well worn paths of Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. It's old I know but it is AD&D so... sometimes I just gotta have it.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

I'm currently on a "To End All Wars" kick.  Got a PBEM rematch going against a chap who beat me quite handily in our first game.  Recently rediscovered the Ultimate Enhancement mod for this game as well and I'm playing that hotseat against myself. 

Other than that I'll probably play some shooter or another.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk