Main Menu

US Economy 2018

Started by airboy, January 05, 2019, 10:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

For the average person, the US Economy performed better in 2018 than it has in any year in the last 10.  Overall, the economy grew over 3%, something that Obama era economists said was impossible.

According to the Labor Department, seasonally adjusted job growth was 312,000 in December.  We have more people employed in the USA currently than ever before.  Unemployment rates hit record lows for both blacks and Hispanics in 2018.  Last, hourly earnings rose 3.2% in 2018, their biggest gain in the economic expansion which started during Obama's first term in office.

This is very good news for the average US citizen!  People often think everything is gloom and doom, but for the average US Citizen on the economic front 2018 was a very good year.

If you are interested why I think these results occurred, you can look at my game blog.  I'm keeping the politics out as our site owners requested and just reporting the good news.

Skoop

I strongly agree.  And with the recent 3.2 gdp reported, it's only getting better.  I also agree with the strong tariffs on China, they need a hip check....longtime coming.  I swear the only people that are seeing division or chaos are the democratic party and cnn.  If your working a job and investing in the market....life is good in the USA.