matrix 2018 holiday sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 21, 2018, 10:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: berto on November 21, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 21, 2018, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 21, 2018, 10:36:32 AM
Yep, I don't really have a lot of wants so not sure I'll pick up much, if anything....only things thinking about is getting CMANO DLC to complete my collection and MAYBE Eagle Day Bombing.....
Make sure you get the awesome map mod for Eagle Day if you pick it up.

The map mod was officially integrated into the product, i.e., is no longer a mod but is the new standard, no?
Not the whole mod, some things were left out, all I remember right now that was left out is the color coded planes. There's a post over there about what was put in from the mod.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

If you can't get on the Matrix site (I can't), most of what's on sale is on sale on Steam as well and easily viewed.

bobarossa

In previous years, the sale info was in a PDF you could download.  During the one time I could view the links, there didn't seem to be any pdf this time.  Major headache for their servers.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bobarossa on November 21, 2018, 03:48:41 PM
In previous years, the sale info was in a PDF you could download.  During the one time I could view the links, there didn't seem to be any pdf this time.  Major headache for their servers.

Havent successfully got into the links at all...however, you can go directly to the store, but I really did like the previous year's PDF to see everything in one spot.  At least all their issues are keeping me from spending money, which I probably would have on something:)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on November 21, 2018, 03:38:24 PM
Yep, I don't really have a lot of wants so not sure I'll pick up much, if anything....only things thinking about is getting CMANO DLC to complete my collection and MAYBE Eagle Day Bombing.....

The map mod was officially integrated into the product, i.e., is no longer a mod but is the new standard, no?
Not the whole mod, some things were left out, all I remember right now that was left out is the color coded planes. There's a post over there about what was put in from the mod.

so how tedious is this game to play?  concerned it might overwhelm me.

JasonPratt

This review series of a campaign in the game, is only 4 months old.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Finally got into the holiday link.

Looking at Commander: Napoleon at War for PBEM. Can anybody with recent experience tell me if the game runs on Win10, has widescreen resolution 1920x1080, and any game breaking bugs. I'm enjoying Commander the Great War PBEM so hoping this is a similar experience.

-budd-

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 21, 2018, 10:47:03 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 21, 2018, 03:38:24 PM

so how tedious is this game to play?  concerned it might overwhelm me.

Same concerns i have, why i haven't bought it yet over the years, i look in the forums every year around this time.

Pete Dero

The PDF is available now : http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/HolydaySales_2018/Matrix%20Christmas%20Sale%202018.pdf

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2018, 04:02:08 AM

The PDF is available now : http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/HolydaySales_2018/Matrix%20Christmas%20Sale%202018.pdf

Thanks, just pretty much confirmed not a lot I am looking to purchase...just maybe what I originally thought Eagle Day and some CMANO stuff....but that is not a lock either.

bbmike

Picked up English Civil War for $10.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

I got Field of Glory 2 for 50% off.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 21, 2018, 11:03:00 PM
This review series of a campaign in the game, is only 4 months old.

I kind of recommend skipping ahead to his Part 2 once you've watched the "turn" flow for a while. He doesn't talk about game mechanics much in this video.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

Anyone playing War Plan Orange still? For 10.00 I am very tempted.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Haven't played it in a long time, but it's a lot of interesting gameplay for $10.