Main Menu

Total War...1942?

Started by Gusington, September 25, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

mikeck

Hey...at lease someone is FINALLY trying to make a World War 2 PC game! I mean, in the category of WW2 computer games, one takes what one can get. Beggars can't be choosers. Since there are no real time World war 2 games and fewer WW2 strategy level games, it seems to me that this guy was simply filling a TOTALLY underrepresented era in gaming.

It's different. Last thing we need is another non-WW2 game flooding the market. So I say bravo
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Moreb

Quote from: mikeck on September 25, 2018, 09:53:12 PM
Hey...at lease someone is FINALLY trying to make a World War 2 PC game! I mean, in the category of WW2 computer games, one takes what one can get. Beggars can't be choosers. Since there are no real time World war 2 games and fewer WW2 strategy level games, it seems to me that this guy was simply filling a TOTALLY underrepresented era in gaming.

It's different. Last thing we need is another non-WW2 game flooding the market. So I say bravo

WW2 is so under represented. #WWII4Eva
When dongles fly? - mirth

jomni

I think I know why Rome was used as base.
The modder might have wanted a map of Europe for the strategy side.

Sir Slash

It could work. Remember the British Chariots defeating the German War Elephants by sending waves of Flaming Pigs at them during the Battle of El Alamein? Me neither. But it would've been great.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Micha

There are 1000 000 WW2 games out there. Is this really needed and worth so much work ?

Staggerwing

Looks like some of the nations involved developed hover tanks.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: Micha on September 26, 2018, 03:51:03 AM
There are 1000 000 WW2 games out there. Is this really needed and worth so much work ?

Of course.  We really need one in the Total War engine.

JasonPratt

Quote from: jomni on September 25, 2018, 10:39:54 PM
I think I know why Rome was used as base.
The modder might have wanted a map of Europe for the strategy side.

#:-)

Yep, I was definitely missing that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

The way the troops marched it could have been Total War 1914.

mikeck

Quote from: Micha on September 26, 2018, 03:51:03 AM

I'm the first to whine about "another WW2" game...Primarily when people advocate that a non-WW2 game should actually be made into one. For example, when AGEOD took suggestions for their next game and 25% voted WW2(seriously?). So instead of "Wars of Succession" I could have gotten WW2

But I guess if someone wants to spend his own time modding a game, it doesn't deprive me of anything. I think it's silly but, if that's his thing...so be it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on September 26, 2018, 10:02:55 PM
The way the troops marched it could have been Total War 1914.

As a history teacher, I vouch for the complete historical accuracy of this mod.

All it's lacking are the Atomic Battle Krakens.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

I wish it was Total War 1914.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

...okay, I'm not gonna lie, I would ABSOLUTELY bling up like that armor with a recurve bow and arrow if I was a tank commander, and shout out dramatic lines.  \m/
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!