29 Years since Tiananmen Square

Started by bayonetbrant, June 04, 2018, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

That dude had some cajones.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

How do you say cahones in Cantonese or Mandarin?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

The same way you say, "Help! I've been run over by a tank!"
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

I have read some deep conspiracy stuff in what happened to that guy...no matter what is true, I don't think he's still alive.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'd rather not think about what happened to him. He probably wished he'd been run over by the tanks.

Gusington

I can't see it ending any other way for him.

I remember watching the massacre live on NBC on my bedroom tv. I'll probably never forget it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Yeah, it was pretty friggin horrific.

Silent Disapproval Robot

My buddy who recently passed away studied Mandarin and moved to China to work back in '89 with the intention of getting into business or the diplomatic corps like his father.  He was there during the Tiananmen massacre and was so thoroughly disgusted by it that he returned to Canada and changed career paths.  He'd never really talk much about it other than to express his extreme dislike of the Chinese government.

Jarhead0331

I wonder what happened to the Type 59 tanks in the photo. I've often wondered about that. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

I wonder what happened to the guys inside those tanks. Especially the TC in the first one.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 04, 2018, 03:59:58 PM
I wonder what happened to the Type 59 tanks in the photo. I've often wondered about that.

They got turned into "islands" in the South China Sea.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

click to enlarge

rare post-square picture
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers