Antman and the Wasp

Started by OJsDad, May 01, 2018, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

This one's on my list but so is seeing the Pacific Ocean and I haven't done that yet either. Probably see the movie first.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

We saw it tonight.  Very entertaining bit of fluff.  Laughed a lot.  Paul Rudd is very likeable as Ant Man.  His daughter is cute as a button.  The security side-kicks are still fun.  Mike Douglas portrays a jerk genius well.  Even the lead FBI agent keeping tabs on Ant Man was likeable.  The biggest "villain" is probably what a jerk Hank Pym was for most of his life and the trouble it caused others.

If you want 2 hours of entertainment without a lot to think about, this is a good movie for you.

BanzaiCat

Still haven't seen it and probably won't (at least, not at the theaters) at this point. I'm kind of Marvel'd out, I guess. The only Marvel movie I'm somewhat interested in seeing right now is the next Avengers movie, but that'll be a while.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on July 09, 2018, 10:03:51 PMThe biggest "villain" is probably what a jerk Hank Pym was for most of his life and the trouble it caused others.

That's pretty consistent with the comics version of Hank Pym from Avengers #30 or so, up until around WCA #20...  so 20-odd years?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

One of the reasons I liked the Earth's Mightiest Heroes seasons, was that they portrayed a much less jerkish Pym. (One where when he mentally snapped and developed a Yellowjacket persona, it made a difference.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Saw this one tonight with family and thought it was pretty good. Very funny with lots of action and good special effects. I liked it at least as much as Black Panther.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

The only Ant-Man comic I willfully purchased back in the day was the one where he goes into Iron Man's armor to save a trapped Stark (Iron Man #133).

Sir Slash

Into Tony's drawers? He was brave!

BanzaiCat

Just saw this last week and admittedly was underwhelmed. I might be getting a little sick of the retconning of plot points and maybe getting superhero'd out, though.

acctingman

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 14, 2018, 08:40:56 AM
Just saw this last week and admittedly was underwhelmed. I might be getting a little sick of the retconning of plot points and maybe getting superhero'd out, though.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

HERETIC!!!!!

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

...that cat did not look like a banzai.  >:(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!