Amazon Smile

Started by OJsDad, April 21, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Don't know if this has been posted before, but Amazon has a charity donation program tied to your purchases.  If you go to http://amazonsmile.com you can link your account to a charity.  Amazon will donate half a percent of your purchase price to your designated charity.  These don't need to be national groups that you donate to.  Our school has an academic alliance group that setup as a charity with Amazon that I was able to link to.  I know plenty of people here buy from Amazon, so why not have some of it go to a good cause.

The only that is different, is that you have to go to smile.amazon.com to make your purchases and not the standard amazon.com. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

I've been using Smile to donate to Autism research for a while now. When I accidentally log in to the site from someone's link and not directly to smile.amazon.com the site actually reminds me with the proper link.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

airboy

I appreciate the information.  It is going to take quite a bit of time to figure out if my Catholic Charity region is on the list since it goes on for 28 pages and did not come up in the search.