1985: Under an Iron Sky

Started by Barthheart, April 09, 2018, 07:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Bison

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
Buy the game! ;)

I'm pretty sure regardless of the variant scenarios the day does not ever end well for old George Armstrong Custer.

Bison

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 13, 2018, 08:42:37 PM
You mean

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2018, 07:32:40 PM
Buy I bought the game! ;)

...right?

Well Mirth should be starting his morning after regret phase so we should all be hearing about his purchasing experience soon.

mirth

I regret nothing! (and I didn't buy the game)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Well there's always tonight!  Don't give up yet buddy.

BanzaiCat

Plenty of drunk buying to be done tonight.

Crossroads

Just picked up my copy of Next War: Poland from the local gaming store - and they handed me a 20€ voucher from my previous purchases. They did not stock "1985" yet, but estimated they should be able to sell it around the 160€ asking price.

All that for 140€... My will to resist is waning. If there ever was such will. To resist, that is  O:-)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on April 16, 2018, 04:41:47 AM
Just picked up my copy of Next War: Poland from the local gaming store - and they handed me a 20€ voucher from my previous purchases. They did not stock "1985" yet, but estimated they should be able to sell it around the 160€ asking price.

All that for 140€... My will to resist is waning. If there ever was such will. To resist, that is  O:-)

Really? I thought this was going to be direct sales only....?

Barthheart

Well, some of our wallets are safe... for now... just posted to Facebook:

Quote from: Fabrizio Vianello‎More breaking news on "1985: Under an Iron Sky"......
US and Canada are officially out of supply, as the stock in both TX and NY ammo depots is over.
I'm forced to close sales in CONUS area....sorry :(
All the orders confirmed until now are OK and will be processed. I'm keeping a small strategic reserve for reserved copies not yet bought and surprise attacks.
Again, thanks everyone for the unbelievable success!

O0  :'(

BanzaiCat

Sounds like they don' need no stinkin' game press coverage. :(

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

It is, as they just got back to me and told me so. Bummer  :(

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on April 16, 2018, 07:44:01 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

It is, as they just got back to me and told me so. Bummer  :(

So instead of 140€ish it would now be 184€ with postage :(

Crossroads

So I guess I am sticking to my S&T Fifth Corps at al set instead. Why not.

Pinetree

Quote from: Crossroads on April 16, 2018, 07:51:48 AM
So I guess I am sticking to my S&T Fifth Corps at al set instead. Why not.
I've just been working on consolidating the rules for Central Front. Check out the folder at CSW.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

ArizonaTank

I am glad to see a good old fashioned "monster" selling well...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.