Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Started by mirth, June 22, 2017, 11:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Those Dinosaur Balls look like fun. Wait. What'd I just say? Might be worth matinee showing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

Watched this trailer with my daughter yesterday, and we're both really excited about seeing this. More dinosaurs running a muck... Yayyyy!!!  :bd: it looks awesome, and the glass ball, sphere thingymijig is back... Or rather, T-Rex's chew toy  >:D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

mirth

Big sci-fi fan in general. Loves the super hero movies, Star Wars, all of it.

Emeraldlis

Aw that's so sweet, cuz you both like the same things, you can enjoy doing stuff together. Me and my daughter are the same, she's generally into the same stuff I am. We are going to see Thor ragnorok this weekend at the Cinema. I wasnt allowed to go and see it until we could see it together, and she's been away. We've seen all the marvel stuff together at the cinema, we went and watched rogue one twice together, lol. And when we saw wonder woman together, we came out of the cinema totally blown away and surprised by how good that film is :)

Hope you and your son enjoy this when it comes out  O0

mirth

^nice. Thor: Ragnorak is a lot of fun.

Pretty much the only time I go to the movies these days is with the kids.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 08, 2017, 02:40:46 PM
^nice. Thor: Ragnorak is a lot of fun.

Pretty much the only time I go to the movies these days is with the kids.

That's good to know thanks  O0 I'm excited to see it :)

I go by myself sometimes to see  a movie at the cinema. I actually don't mind :)  I either get people sitting next to me because they feel sorry for me that I'm by myself. Which is sometimes great, sometimes annoying if I feel like I now have to do small talk with random strangers that I don't know!  I guess it depends on the people and how easy they are to talk to. If they are talkative and it's not just me carrying the conversation, that's great  O0

I'm going to a ballet by myself next week.... Couldn't get anyone interested in going to see that with me  ;D

JasonPratt

Really? Mid-December last year? Okay then!

Absolutely total spoilage for the film, which doesn't release until, uh, not this weekend but the next in America? Am I understanding that right, a two week lag time for release?! ...I have to have misunderstood that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Not too surprisingly that got taken down, due to streamed film footage. I'm sure it'll be back.

A little more surprising, was RLM's original joke review for the film, which was posted twice (I think) but taken down by YT due to it failing their scam protocols or something? -- because like last year with Trans5mers (which I personally liked a lot more than I was expecting), the joke was that there was no review. Even though a real review was stated to be coming.

Consequently, I can't post that here, because they complied with YT and removed the video. Naturally YT itself wouldn't have cared, but a surprising number of RLM fans were verrrrrrry pissed off about the epic trolling of T5 last year (three 45 minute videos of FauxMike&Jay drinking themselves into a blackout coma within a few minutes, passed off as episodes of "Half in the Bag", a Plinkett review, and even a "Re:View".) Apparently someone whined to YT about the joke this time.  ::) :buck2: You'd think people going to a review site would understand humor, or at least an attempt at humor, but maybe the problem was that RLM monetized the video which arguably they shouldn't have done?

Anyway, here's their real review at last:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Fortunately someone archived their fake review, so here it is for reference:

(Most of its actual content can also be seen toward the end of the real review.)

mirth

Just saw this. It's incredibly dumb. Not even going to bother listing all the stupid things because they make up 90% of the film.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
Just saw this. It's incredibly dumb. Not even going to bother listing all the stupid things because they make up 90% of the film.

Speaking of percentages, sounds like you might need something around 45% after seeing that.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak