Mass Effect: Andromeda

Started by mirth, January 05, 2017, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

I didn't play the first two but the third one was good iirc but as with all my games, I must've downed tools and moved onto so something new and shiny

oh - and just noticed this was in the Console thread - I never played it on console.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on January 05, 2017, 01:02:13 PM
How were the first three?

I loved them. My all time favorite video game RPG. Fantastic story that arced across all three games.

Only series I played through completely more than once.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

Just checked and apparently I only have Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 - both on Steam. Perhaps it was 2 I played then

And going on what mirth said, I should probably give them another look because I love story telling games.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Looks like I have 1 and 2 in my Steam library.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Brilliant series...aside from Star Wars KotOR, the only RPGs I have ever played start to finish. The characters really draw you in and as the player, you are forced to make some very difficult decisions. Over the years, each iteration became less RPG-ish and more action-ish, but it stayed pretty well balanced.

Really looking forward to this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2017, 02:56:24 PM
Over the years, each iteration became less RPG-ish and more action-ish, but it stayed pretty well balanced.

Agreed. They're really RPG-lite, but incredibly polished and cinematic. There are shortcomings in each game, but the complaints are minor compared to the overall excellence.

I also appreciated the original story/universe, not something based on an pre-existing franchise.

BanzaiCat

Agreed with all the RPG love above. Outstanding story. Didn't get the butthurt over the ending of ME3 - I thought it was appropriate to wrapping it all up. I

Plus Shepherd gets to bone a blue alien.

11/10

(Is Shepherd back in this one? That's not been quite clear...)

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 05, 2017, 04:44:58 PM
(Is Shepherd back in this one? That's not been quite clear...)

I don't think so  :-\

bbmike

Sigh. Just installed Mass Effect...
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

BanzaiCat

Don't feel bad...I re-installed it a month or so ago. Still have the CD right here (how quaint, needing a CD to play a game).

Never could get it on with Ashley no matter how 'hard' Shepherd tried. I had my doubts it was even possible.

mirth

Ashley was kind of a bitch in that first game. Didn't stop me from sacrificing Kaidan to keep her around though.

Grim.Reaper

I noticed mass effect 2 is now free on origin for those that don't own it already