Justice League

Started by mirth, July 24, 2016, 06:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Blah blah. Go love the JJbramfication of everything
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

airboy

The wife and I rented this from Amazon Prime last night.  Never saw it in the theater due to travel and her Dad's health issues.

The villain was just awful.  Not awful enough to be comic, but he was really a terrible villain.  Need a good villain for a good superhero movie (except Deadpool which is a romantic comedy).  The villain for Suicide Squad was better.

All of the individual characters were good.  WW was very good (and hot).  Flash was funny.  Aquaman could swim fast, talk to fish, and hold some water back occasionally.  He was pretty strong and could fish really well.  Batman was OK.  Cyborg was boring to me but my wife liked him.  But Steppenwolf was just horrible.

I agree with the others that this was very good for DC but a "B-" overall because the villain was so lame and resurrecting Superman to save everyone is lame and boring.  Superman is boring.  Hate Superman.

mirth

Steppenwolf was a terrible villain, but I'm not sure what's her face in Suicide Squad was better. DC does a worse job with villains than Marvel and that's saying something because most Marvel villains suck.

I actually liked Superman in Justice League. He finally had a little bit of a sense of humor which I think is needed for that character.

Anyway, your score for the movie is fair.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on April 03, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
I actually liked Superman in Justice League. He finally had a little bit of a sense of humor which I think is needed for that character.

He certainly kept a stiff upper lip.

mirth

mirth

JasonPratt

One of the best so far.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

BanzaiCat

How about, "it shouldn't have been made in the first place."

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 09, 2018, 03:37:11 PM
How about, "it shouldn't have been made in the first place."

Sir Slash

Looks like da Justice League can't get no 'justice'! What chu talkin' bout BC?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath