Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 17, 2016, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2016, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 17, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Yer welcome to sleep on my floor.

Isn't that a line from the 'Three's company' theme song?

Is that your way of getting in on the room?

Throw in a late 70's era Joyce Dewitt and we can talk.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on October 17, 2016, 08:15:13 PM
If ya can get yer ass to Ottawa, you can drive down with us too.

That may be eaaier than gettimg my ass to Columbus.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2016, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 17, 2016, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2016, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 17, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Yer welcome to sleep on my floor.

Isn't that a line from the 'Three's company' theme song?

Is that your way of getting in on the room?

Throw in a late 70's era Joyce Dewitt and we can talk.

If I had a 70's era Joyce Dewitt, I wouldn't be going to Origins.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

airboy

Brant:
Is there parking if you drive in on a day-to-day basis?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on October 17, 2016, 08:31:22 PM
Brant:
Is there parking if you drive in on a day-to-day basis?

Yes, there are a few garages that'll fill up around 9am, but if you get there early, there's plenty of parking.  I stay w/ my folks, and drive in every day, and use a garage that's about 2 blocks away.  There's other surface parking about 4-5 blocks out that's even cheaper.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 17, 2016, 09:49:47 PM
This sounds complicated.

If you ride with Barth let him figure it out. Tell him it's an engineering problem. Just don't tell him it involves Urban Planning and not particle physics until you get there.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2016, 05:43:25 AM
This sounds complicated.

If you ride with Barth let him figure it out. Tell him it's an engineering problem. Just don't tell him it involves Urban Planning and not particle physics until you get there.

I'm right here..... >:(

bayonetbrant

This sounds complicated.

Just wait 'til you try to tuck in the corners of the bedspreads around the mattresses in the mornings
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I've always used either the parking garage under the convention center or the open lot a couple of blocks to the east with no problems parking for either Origins or the OSBA convention.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

I may go this year.  Origins usually has an excellent Call of Cthulhu track.  I can drive to Columbus in a day from Alabama.

Origins is right after the Southern Fried Game Expo in Atlanta (pinball & tabletop games).  But that con is only Friday - Sunday and it is a very easy drive for me.

MetalDog

Martok and me stayed west of Columbus at a Days Inn or something.  It was about a ten minute drive in and we parked in the garage across the street from the Convention Center.  It was $20 a day to park.  The room was less than a hundy and he booked it after January.  It's what I planned to do again this time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on October 18, 2016, 06:40:27 PM
Martok and me stayed west of Columbus at a Days Inn or something.  It was about a ten minute drive in and we parked in the garage across the street from the Convention Center.  It was $20 a day to park.  The room was less than a hundy and he booked it after January.  It's what I planned to do again this time.

We should talk.

MetalDog

Absolutely.  Do you have my home number?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth