Two new Mad Max movies planned

Started by besilarius, October 05, 2015, 06:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bbmike

Good news! I just hope Mad Max is in them this time.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

In other news, sky is blue, water still wet, Hollywood makes trilogies out of successful one-off films.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Three Madd Maxx films? Wonder where they got that idea from.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Does anyone want to spoil where the connection is supposed to be between Fury Road and the original trilogy?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 05, 2015, 09:13:11 AM
In other news, sky is blue, water still wet, Hollywood makes trilogies out of successful one-off films.  ::)

but the new one wasnt successful.

edit:  well shit, it netted $270 million.  :o http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Mad-Max-Fury-Road#tab=summary
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 06, 2015, 08:08:56 AM
but the new one wasnt successful.

edit:  well shit, it netted $270 million.  :o http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Mad-Max-Fury-Road#tab=summary

:o indeed! I'm surprised they didn't announce six more movies!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

There's a new Mad Max sequel already available!

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Finally some good entertainment news.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 05, 2015, 03:05:48 PM
Does anyone want to spoil where the connection is supposed to be between Fury Road and the original trilogy?

They cover the story in some of the semi-canon side comics.  It's a loose connection but it works aside from the recasting with a younger actor.

In the timeline between Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome, Max had been rebuilding the Interceptor off the salvaged chassis, using his camel drawn vehicle to salvage the wastes for parts.   His vehicle is filled with materials needed to get the Interceptor working again, heading for its hiding place when Jed the pilot attacks him at the opening of Thunderdome.

Shortly after the events of Thunderdome Max, fleeing from Bartertown runs into Gas Town, and there manages to procure a rare Boss 351 V8 and get the Interceptor running again. 

After he gets the interceptor together it's stolen by the Buzzard gang he gets help from a bad ass survivor woman, and when she is lost Max reluctantly adopts her surviving daughter named Glory.

After that Glory is killed by the Buzzards, and Max renounces getting involed and helping anyone ever again.  He wanders off into the wastes again, adopting the "man with no name" moniker he got from Thunderdome.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bbmike

You forgot to add that when he was last seen in the wastelands he had encountered a band of Hoops.

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak