Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I may get burned at the stake for this but Creative Assembly often listen to their fans...albeit slowly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 08, 2018, 03:59:35 PM
Arcen Games' post-release support is phenomenal.
It was when they were still in business.  Last I heard, they were closing the doors due to a string of too many not-quite-successes after AI Wars.  But they did offer great support for their titles years and years after launching.

Stardock also does pretty good post-release support stuff.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2018, 04:08:43 PM
I may get burned at the stake for this but Creative Assembly often listen to their fans...albeit slowly.

Lately CA's doing better.  Kinda..

I see that they released a patch for Total War: Attila about a month ago.  Which reportedly broke it's TW Launcher and it's mod support.  A lot of people reported it's been crashing ever since.

They still haven't patched that screw-up, as of checking the forum yesterday.  ???

Huw the Poo

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on March 09, 2018, 12:41:15 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 08, 2018, 03:59:35 PM
Arcen Games' post-release support is phenomenal.
It was when they were still in business.  Last I heard, they were closing the doors due to a string of too many not-quite-successes after AI Wars.  But they did offer great support for their titles years and years after launching.

They are very much still in business, and are in fact developing AI War 2.  The last time they released an update that wasn't for AI War 2 was 7 February, when they updated Starward Rogue.

Arctic Blast

Yep. Arcen kickstarted AI War 2. Beta builds are regularly popping up for backers.

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on March 09, 2018, 12:54:46 AM

I see that they released a patch for Total War: Attila about a month ago.  Which reportedly broke it's TW Launcher and it's mod support.  A lot of people reported it's been crashing ever since.

They still haven't patched that screw-up, as of checking the forum yesterday.  ???

Not sure about that. I played Attila last night with the Radious mods and it worked fine
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on March 10, 2018, 10:04:22 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 09, 2018, 12:54:46 AM

Not sure about that. I played Attila last night with the Radious mods and it worked fine

Will check it out.  Maybe it got patched. 

mikeck

I do get a warning that pops up about mods and compatibility that I hadn't see before but- just like when the car engine light in my wife's car pops on- I ignore it and everything seems fine
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 10, 2018, 12:18:33 AM
Yep. Arcen kickstarted AI War 2. Beta builds are regularly popping up for backers.

Good to hear!  Not sure why I thought they had gone bankrupt?

jomni

CJReich46

I started a game over the weekend, thought it would be interesting to try something different with my human start.  Instead of Earth being a continental type planet, mine was tundra after events, call it climate change or even a limited nuclear exchange (limited as in a few cities) so the humans could find a continental planet and they would have no problems right?

Wrong! Apparently the habitability for continental planets is reduced (to 20%!) when your homeworld is a tundra world?! So...what was I to do?

New Game and consult the workshop:

I found a mod that allows you to change your origin civic. Mine was environmental shift. So now my idea works. Except Earth has been changed from a continental type to a savanna planet. Ouch. Food is hard to get.  But I am pleased, expansion has been slow and steady. Only major contact has been with The Curator Enclaves and of course pirates.

The mod I'm using has ecological disaster, habitat dwellers (which means you will not be able to settle any worlds) even vault survivors etc. (some require Utopia and Apocalypse DLC) but its working nicely.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've been enjoying it since the 2.02 beta.  I'm playing as some robot thingies that look like gumball machines with tentacles.  Everyone seems to be afraid of me because I'm a "dreaded assimilator" or something.  I didn't assimilate anyone for quite some time.  (There may have been some genocide involved but one simply can't go over the systems cap, can one?).  The whole genocide thing seemed to upset everyone even more than the whole assimilation thing.  Buncha whiners.

Anyway, my little floating gumball cthulhus are quite good at sciencing things so I'm pretty far ahead of the other races as far as tech goes.  I was doing quite well and expanding my little gumball empire when some crusty old cat people took exception and declared war.  They've pushed me back quite far but I seem to be holding them at my biggest star base.  They're a stagnant empire and have fleet strengths of ~55k vs my ~30K but my base is also ~30k so I'm able to hold them there and just keep grinding up the war weariness.  Unless something horrid happens, they should hit 100% before I do and I'll go for status quo.  I'll lose several resource sectors but it's no big deal.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 14, 2018, 12:50:48 AM
I've been enjoying it since the 2.02 beta.  I'm playing as some robot thingies that look like gumball machines with tentacles.  Everyone seems to be afraid of me because I'm a "dreaded assimilator" or something.  I didn't assimilate anyone for quite some time.  (There may have been some genocide involved but one simply can't go over the systems cap, can one?).  The whole genocide thing seemed to upset everyone even more than the whole assimilation thing.  Buncha whiners.

Anyway, my little floating gumball cthulhus are quite good at sciencing things so I'm pretty far ahead of the other races as far as tech goes.  I was doing quite well and expanding my little gumball empire when some crusty old cat people took exception and declared war.  They've pushed me back quite far but I seem to be holding them at my biggest star base.  They're a stagnant empire and have fleet strengths of ~55k vs my ~30K but my base is also ~30k so I'm able to hold them there and just keep grinding up the war weariness.  Unless something horrid happens, they should hit 100% before I do and I'll go for status quo.  I'll lose several resource sectors but it's no big deal.

Cats vs Vaccuum Cleaners

PanzersEast

Think I am done for now....

A neighboring faction in each of it's 6 systems along our border has 9 defense platforms per system.  As well as, 2 25K+ fleets, 3 citadels, and various defense stations sprinkled out.  They only have 16 systems under their control and I have 4X that and cannot afford what they are paying for..... sorry, but that is total BS, no way I can invade as their defense platforms weaken my fleets and then their fleets swoop in to finish them off... I mean their platforms are like 7~8K in power.  On Normal btw.....

OJsDad

Just out of curiosity PE, are you using the beta patch. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.