Florida deserves its own thread

Started by besilarius, September 18, 2015, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 05, 2015, 10:35:28 PM
That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.

Your people must be from Arcadia then, Slash?  Immokalee, maybe?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 05, 2015, 10:35:28 PM
That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards intestines is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.

It's funnier when it's true.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

We don't say, "Arcadia" here in Arcadia. We say Desoto County. Arcadia's gotten a bad rep. for having a "Rodeo" every year, you don't have to recycle your garbage, and you can park a pick-up truck in your front driveway, like I do, without being labeled a villain. Too much. Clearly we're still living in the 18th century. You can also have a real gun, carry it, and even get married to it in some local churches. And eat everything that has a Gizzard or something close to it. Possums are the easiest to cook because you can just hang them by their tail over the fire. With a potatoe in their mouth.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Incidentally, my Grandad (on my Dad's side) homesteaded that little penninsula in Tampa Bay where the metro airport now is -- they sold their land to the airport.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

They should've named the place after him then. Only fair.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 06, 2015, 06:37:36 PM

No kidding!  I hope that he made a bundle.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

That'll get you in trouble in Publix everytime. You can't bring a human skull into the stores. They want you to buy their brand of skulls instead. Store policy.  :coolsmiley:

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Freyland

All he needed to do was flip the skull upside down and claim it was just a Goblet from which to drink his fallen enemies' tears, and everyone would have been happy.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 07, 2015, 07:26:04 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 06, 2015, 06:37:36 PM

No kidding!  I hope that he made a bundle.

Apparently not, though I don't know why. It was a different time I expect.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers