Das Boot remake in the works....

Started by Barthheart, June 26, 2015, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

How about a re-make starring J Lo? "Das Butt". :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RooksBailey

Quote from: MikeGER on June 27, 2015, 01:51:38 AM
...what we witness are the last convulsion of the 'watching really great movies in the multiplex cinema'-epoch.
(its like watching the last 'silent movies' in the late 20ies , before technology moved on ) 

the Hollywood financiers want cash cows and minimized risks in a world of other growing entertainment opportunities for the (dumb) masses.

so we will only have remain the annual 'teen-movie' like  "Dude, Where's My Car?"-flicks, the teen-horror, and teen horror-mocking movies (like Screen derivatives), the Comic-book adaptions (...it will all end with a terrible Marvel vs DC universe  shoot-out flick, like Alien vs Predator;-) ) , and the remakes and followups of franchise that had worked -at least once- in the past.

yesterday i saw "A Fistful of Dollars" from 1964, aired as a homage to Clint Eastwood  ... well, that was a movie! 

THIS!   O0  This is why I have fallen in love with TCM's Summer of Darkness.  Watching those old movies from the 40s and 50s has been a revelation to me.  As I wrote in the other thread, even the "B" movie, "Poverty Row" cheap flicks from that era contain a quality that is almost entirely absent from contemporary cinema.  The writing was solid, the dialogue witty and sharp (when people spoke they actually said something other than just restating the plot with profanity), and the acting classy.  There was a good quote I came across the other day the encapsulates the then and now of cinema:

"It is common to bemoan the loss of the studio system. To be sure, there was a level of creativity, a sense of craftsmanship and style, which went along with it, and that we are sorely in need of today. On the other hand, the system tended to flatten everything out to a common denominator - the need to churn out product that was acceptable to the mass audience made interesting experiments such as Citizen Kane rare events indeed. In this respect, the studio era doesn't differ that much from today, except that the supposed profile of the mass audience being catered to is now a good twenty years younger, and apparently illiterate."

Yip.   
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Destraex

Watching this series on our Australian SBS for free atm. No idea why government channels pay for stuff like this. But I don't mind my dollars spent on this. For once I get to watch something that some of the rest of the world has not got yet.

So far it seems the story is 80% females on land and 20% bitchy guys at sea. But I will keep at it because whatever we get now will be new age anyways.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"