Tabletop Wargaming News & Announcements

Started by bayonetbrant, July 29, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I imagine Bawb asking everyone if their wife is a "goer" and if she's into "photography" and such.

bob48

Duck hat.

No, I'm sure I don't, and you should know since we have spoken in Steam chat in the past.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

bob48

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on September 09, 2015, 09:39:28 AM
I say, old chap. Those counters would have to be jolly-well double sized, what?

how's that?

Jolly good show. Righteo. And to return the favor, kindly read our posts along these lines, old bean.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bob48 on September 09, 2015, 11:14:36 AM
Carry on, there's a good chap.

Toodle-pip.

Now I'm picturing Denzel from Count Duckula.  Skip to the 6 minute mark.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on September 09, 2015, 09:24:53 AM
Quote from: bob48 on September 09, 2015, 07:34:58 AM
would have to be double sized

It just occurred to me that I'm reading all your posts in an American accent.

Hmmm.

Perhaps you could try using spelling more phonetically reflective of your actual pronunciation?

And I was hearing "Would haf to beh dooble sized".

Or would that be Huw?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

New out of Heritage Games, after a public FB meltdown from the original designer

QuoteOFFICIAL COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Mr. Berg unfortunately did not complete Conquistador or do any work after his initial rules submission. Even after he was advanced money. We made repeated attempts for almost 2 years to work with him creatively. I doubt that any game company would have had the patience or understanding that my staff has went through in all of this. It almost destroyed our fledgling company.
I have continued to work on the game (while this was going on) to being about 98% complete. And, still intend on releasing it at some point. Since, playtesting is giving me very favorable results. And, that was the only way it was going to get done. I believe we have a good game reminiscent of the old game. But, none of it is Mr. Berg's anymore. Not a single sentence, card, bibliography, designer notes or map are his.
Also, due to this we are cancelling all of Mr. Berg's titles under contract. And, they will be removed from our sites ASAP. We wish him the best of luck and really did wish that it could have worked out.
Sincerely, Greg Allen
https://www.facebook.com/heritagegamestudios/posts/678088965660331
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 09, 2015, 09:25:22 PM
New out of Heritage Games, after a public FB meltdown from the original designer

Mr. Berg unfortunately did not complete Conquistador or do any work after his initial rules submission. Even after he was advanced money. We made repeated attempts for almost 2 years to work with him creatively. I doubt that any game company would have had the patience or understanding that my staff has went through in all of this. It almost destroyed our fledgling company.
I have continued to work on the game (while this was going on) to being about 98% complete. And, still intend on releasing it at some point. Since, playtesting is giving me very favorable results. And, that was the only way it was going to get done. I believe we have a good game reminiscent of the old game. But, none of it is Mr. Berg's anymore. Not a single sentence, card, bibliography, designer notes or map are his.
Also, due to this we are cancelling all of Mr. Berg's titles under contract. And, they will be removed from our sites ASAP. We wish him the best of luck and really did wish that it could have worked out.
Sincerely, Greg Allen

Once a crook, always a crook.  I refuse to support that guy by buying or playing any of his games; no matter how well received:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1990404153AD2d251_1365/MATTER%20OF%20BERG
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

GJK

It almost destroyed our fledgling company. is a pretty powerful statement from Greg Allen.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 09, 2015, 08:50:37 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 09, 2015, 09:24:53 AM
Quote from: bob48 on September 09, 2015, 07:34:58 AM
would have to be double sized

It just occurred to me that I'm reading all your posts in an American accent.

Hmmm.

Perhaps you could try using spelling more phonetically reflective of your actual pronunciation?

And I was hearing "Would haf to beh dooble sized".

Or would that be Huw?

Huw, definitely, boyo.

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: GJK on September 09, 2015, 09:45:40 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 09, 2015, 09:25:22 PM

Sincerely, Greg Allen

Once a crook, always a crook.  I refuse to support that guy by buying or playing any of his games; no matter how well received:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1990404153AD2d251_1365/MATTER%20OF%20BERG

That's quite the pedigree - a criminal, forced to resign as a lawyer for his actions, going back to 1988.

I'd love to see the wheels of justice sweep him up on this one, but I doubt Kickstarter fraud is on the top of many LEO's lists - there are higher priorities.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.